Web/Mobile Developer Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Do you love learning new technologies? Do you want to be part of a new team that is focused on the fast-growing space of mobile and web development? Do you want to help define and build new solutions that enhance world-class enterprise software using agile software development techniques? If so, we would like to talk to you.
Guidewire is exploring the development of web portals and mobile applications that will leverage our core enterprise insurance systems. These apps and portals will be built using a combination of modern web technologies and proven integration techniques. They are targeted at helping insurance carriers in a number of aspects, from providing their policyholders with modern web experience to improving their internal efficiencies to increasing the ease with which agents can sell their business. We are establishing a new team, based out of our Guidewire Services Centre in Dublin, to build web portals and mobile applications that can change the way insurance carriers conduct their business. If you would like to be a part of an exciting new venture that is part of a world-class software development and consulting centre, then this role could be perfect for you.
We care most about your critical thinking skills and technical talent, however prior experience with a majority of the following is desired.
- Experience building mobile applications on both iOS and Android platforms
- Experience designing scalable, resilient systems with 100% availability
- Skilled at writing unit tests and testable components
- Versatility with automated testing frameworks such as Selenium is a plus
- Knowledge of infrastructure and secure coding practices as they relate to web and mobile applications is a plus
- 5+ years of software product development and delivery experience
- PLEASE NOTE: We are only able to hire candidates who have the legal right to work in the EU/EEA
Established in 2011, Guidewire's Irish centre helps meet a growing global customer demand for expertise in implementing Guidewire's products. The Dublin-based European Development Centre, Guidewire's third global development team, was established to extend our core applications to accelerate the delivery of critical new product functionality to our customers. The team builds both global capabilities and content for specific countries and locales. We use the same rigorous, quality-focused methodology that Guidewire's customers have come to expect from the rest of the core system suite.
- Join us at the time when we are building the team in Ireland as a world-class software development, consulting and services centre. Each individual has the opportunity to make an impact on the business and processes.
- In the words of Marcus Ryu, one of our original founders:
â€œIn starting Guidewire, our primary motivation was to build a better company. We wanted Guidewire to be different from other places we had worked: more honest, more dedicated to customers, more committed to quality. We would always tell the truth, hire the most capable people we could find, and foster a collaborative, high-performing work environment. And we would meet a fundamental market need.â€
- The mission then translates into core values that we live by daily: We value integrity in everything we do; an atmosphere of collegiality â€" we help each other to ensure customer success and operate as a meritocracy; and rationality â€" making decisions based on factual evidence.
- Work with an enterprise enterprise-class software product company deploying small, elite teams to solve complex problems in an Agile environment. Insurance core systems must be capable of supporting thousands of concurrent users, millions of transactions, and integration to complex enterprise IT environments. Moreover, they must have the complete reliability and performance required of financial systems-of-record.
- We work on demanding software engineering projects for our core system built on modern service-oriented enterprise architecture, with no legacy code.
- At Guidewire we invest in and grow our own talent from within. We send our developers to our Silicon Valley offices for intense training and certification in their first month.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services