Web Visual Designer Smarterer
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED About Smarterer
We validate digital, social, and technical skills on Smarterer.com using crowdsourced test design and an adaptive scoring algorithm. Since October 2011, Smarterer users have taken 1.8 million tests and answered over 16 million questions. Smarterer is backed by Google Ventures and True Ventures.
We're looking for a top-notch, Boston-based web visual designer to join our team and help give Smarterer.com a modern aesthetic. As the perfect candidate, you live and breathe Photoshop. You can spend an 8-hour day in Photoshop without going crazy. You obsess over pixels, and you know how they'll look across browsers and devices. You know when to use Photoshop, when to use Illustrator, and when to use both. You know what web fonts are, and you use them with surgical precision. You love both the art and science behind great websites. And you have an online portfolio that is creative, current, and full of web design work.
In this role, you'll be producing visual designs that:
- Align with the Smarterer brand
- Facilitate a positive user experience for our visitors
- Leverage modern design solutions that successfully meet business objectives.
- Work closely with the UX, marketing, and engineering teams to implement new features and improve existing features.
- Create pixel-perfect mockups from sketches and wireframes. (And sometimes out of thin air.)
- Interpret business needs, objectives, and direction into design concepts.
- Communicate ideas and concepts while quickly applying feedback and revisions.
- Act as a resource and thought partner to colleagues.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in graphic design, visual communication, or related field
- 2-3 years experience designing outstanding web designs (preferably large-scale, dynamically driven ones)
- Expertise in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Strong talent for visual design, layout, and typography with exceptional attention to detail (with a portfolio to prove it)
- Appreciation for the nuances of modern web design (responsive, mobile, resolution independence, etc.)
- Follower of current industry developments, design trends, and web technologies
- Ability to manage multiple projects and thrive in a fast-paced, highly iterative environment
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, and creative problem solving skills
We're excited to hear from you and see your recent work! Please send a r-sum- and link to your online portfolio to email@example.com. (We can only consider candidates with a recent portfolio of web design work.)
||500 Harrison Ave |
Boston , MA 02118
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Tags:||UI web design |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED