Welding Production Supervisor SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Welding Production Supervisor
Manufacturing and Production Operations | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
- Welding Production Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing the following:
- Development, maintenance and evaluation of weld schedules.
- Assist with the tooling and fixturing design required for weld operation.
- General machine maintenance and test.
- Develop efficient process and work flow on the floor.
- Operation of a Hamilton Standard electron-beam (EB) welding machine including part set-up (preferred, but not mandatory).
- EB welding on several types of metal including titanium, stainless steel, copper, C103, aluminum, and ICONEL (preferred, but not mandatory)
- Acts as a mentor for junior welders.
- Inconel experience preferred.
- 5+ years of TIG and MIG welding experience required.
- At least 1 year of experience in a supervisory position managing more than 10 employees.
- Must be able to interpret drawing and weld symbols.
- Knowledge of AWS D17.1 Class A mandatory.
- Thick wall aluminum TIG welding experience required.
- Must be able to pass aluminum weld certification.
- VPPA experience desired.
- Must be able to work for prolonged periods in a confined space.
- Must be available to work multiple shifts and overtime, as needed.
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
- Trade School certificate preferred.
- Hamilton Standard machine experience, preferred but not mandatory.
- Capable of cutting, polishing, and etching weld development samples.
- Must be mechanically inclined to use simple hand tools.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED