Exchange Administrator Zurka Interactive
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED We're looking for a security-focused Exchamge Administrator who has experience setting up and configuring Exchange in a segmented network environment (internal components as well as pieces in the DMZ and WAP). We prefer candidates who have worked with DISA STIGs. This position is full time with our team at the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory in Washington, DC.
The primary role for this position will be to provide administration & support for an existing Exchange 2010 environment, as well as play a primary role in the design, implementation, maintenance and disaster recovery planning for a new MS Exchange environment, scalable to 5000 users and meeting the customer's requirements & budget.
Essential job functions of a candidate for this position will include:
- Administration and support of a Microsoft Exchange 2010 environment in order to meet and maintain appropriate service levels.
- Provide a point of escalation and support for desktop & user support personnel regarding email service operation and common client configuration (Outlook, Entourage, Thunderbird, mobile email) on multiple platforms (Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Unix, mobile OS'es).
- Administration & support of Windows Server 2008R2 & 2012 Active Directory environments, including servers performing various roles (domain controllers, SQL servers, WSUS servers, A/V servers, file servers, etc.)
- Enforce change management and compliance processes.
- Powershell scripting and security template configuration.
- Participate in full life cycle development of new Active Directory architectures that are in compliance with all applicable DISA STIGs and NRL IA requirements.
- Maintain Windows 7 & 8 workstations and laptops (both stand-alone and A.D. integrated). This includes OS and application patching, system backups, anti-virus & other security based applications, and ensuring & maintaining compliance with DoD and NRL security standards.
- Provide technical support including, but not limited to, configuring hardware, performing hardware and software installations and upgrades, troubleshooting HW/SW problems, and resolving day-to-day system and user problems.
- Position is expansive and additional responsibilities may be added.
Candidate must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to deal with a wide range of people at NRL, including highly technical individuals, managers, vendors, contractors, and end users. Candidate must have excellent analytical & problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to handle a wide range of tasks. Candidate should be self-motivated and have a strong desire to learn, experiment, and think outside of the box. Candidate must demonstrate capacity for organization, prioritization, and task management in a dynamically changing environment.
A Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or Math, and 4+ years working experience and strong proficiency with Microsoft Exchange 2010 configuration & administration. Must have 3+ years experience supporting, maintaining, and administering core Microsoft technologies (Windows Server 2008R2) and knowledge of Active Directory administration and troubleshooting. Experience with Windows Server 2012 is a plus. Prior hands-on experience with MS TMG and/or WAP functionality within Server 2012 is a plus. Candidate must have working knowledge of PKI certificate authentication, Kerberos authentication, and Windows Certificate services. Candidate must have a sound working knowledge of email protocols & client/server operation, Internet/Intranet technologies and network infrastructure, including switching, routing, Ethernet, TCP/IP. Prior experience supporting a mixed platform environment (Windows, Mac OS, Linux) is desirable. Prior experience in a government contracting environment is desirable. Prior experience implementing DISA STIGs and knowledge of DoD security requirements & tools for auditing & configuration validation is a plus. Prior experience supporting and managing email & security configurations on mobile devices (Blackberry, iOS, Windows Mobile, & Android) is a plus. Experience with mobile device management solutions is a plus. Experience with VMware is a plus.
Active DoD security clearance is required.
Benefits include high compensation, health insurance, 401k, paid vacation, all federal holidays (yes, even Columbus Day), casual dress, a flexible work schedule, top-notch equipment, travel to relevant conferences and a smart, pleasant group of people to work with.
About the US Naval Research Laboratory (NRL)
NRL operates as the Navy's full-spectrum corporate laboratory, conducting a broadly based multidisciplinary program of scientific research and advanced technological development directed toward maritime applications of new and improved materials, techniques, equipment, systems, and ocean, atmospheric, and space sciences and related technologies. This position is full time and on-site at NRL in southwest DC. For those not familiar with NRL, it is often described as a research university without the students.
About Zurka Interactive
Zurka develops web-based applications and IT solutions for commercial and government clients. It supports research and development at the US Naval Research Laboratory with on-site staff.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The brilliant minds behind StartUpHire. We're a full service Web Application shop, and a great small business to work for.
< 5M RaisedSelf Funded All Jobs: at Zurka Interactive
|Headquarters:||8614 Westwood Center Dr |
Vienna, VA 22182
|Company Profile:||Zurka Interactive, founded in 1995, is an award winning web development firm. Zurka is dedicated to doing quality, forward-thinking work in a challenging and creative environment. Zurka's recent work includes web sites for Balducci's - Food Lovers Market, the US Naval Research Lab and StartUpHire.|
Support Zurka Interactive with Social Media services