Manager â€" Connectivity and Software Partnerships
Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated individual to lead and manage our licensing efforts and contracts for vehicle wireless connectivity and vehicle software. She/he will be a member of our Supply Chain Organization supporting the development, implementation and management of strategies to provide Tesla with optimal wireless coverage and software usage at the best price, quality and performance.
- Responsible for the commercial and contractual relationship with the wireless carriers to implement data service in Tesla vehicles. Initial focus will be on working with telecom service providers in Europe, and eventually managing service providers in other regions.
- Identify potential carriers, analyze carrier capabilities, select carriers and negotiate prices and other business terms and conditions of agreements.
- Develop and implement sourcing and negotiation strategies that deliver against business objectives and achieve sustainable relationships with suppliers.
- Create competitive environments between suppliers to support on-going negotiations and evolution of services.
- Maintain visibility into industry developments and pricing and drive price and service negotiations to ensure that Tesla's pricing and connectivity services are best in class.
- Develop and implement key performance metrics for chosen suppliers and negotiate on multiple variables to award longer-term strategic contracts that result in significant cost reduction and improved performance and service levels.
- Manage testing of the wireless system in conjunction with engineering.
- Work collaboratively with other Tesla groups such as Engineering, Finance, Legal and Buyers.
- Drive continual cost reduction initiatives through ad hoc price negotiations, benchmarking exercises, and other mechanisms.
- Support on-going management of SIMs (Subscriber Identity Modules)
Collaborate with Legal team on negotiation and management of software licenses for use in Tesla vehicles
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Several years of Project Management experience
- Strong negotiation skills
- Work experience in the telecommunications industry and/or communications software industry
- Exposure to wireless data service providers
- Experience with or prior exposure to structuring commercial contracts
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in an extremely fast-paced environment in which flexibility and adaptability are key attributes needed for success.
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows and Office applications.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.