Wireless Field Engineer/Consultant Apprion
Apprion is seeking a bright and self-motivating individual to join the team as a Wireless Engineer specializing in outdoor industrial wireless network deployments. This position is to be located either at Apprion corporate headquarters in Mountain View, CA or in the southeastern Texas (Austin through Houston) corridor.
- Perform in-depth site surveys using spectrum analyzers, GPS, radio hardware, and other survey tools
- Write detailed reports and proposals for wireless systems based on the findings of site surveys performed
- Design and develop hybrid outdoor wireless systems integrating Wi-Fi, WiMAX, Zigbee, Bluetooth, RFID, and other emerging wireless technologies
- Deploy, test, and tune mission critical all-weather outdoor wireless systems
- Build, configure and deploy remote Linux based network monitoring and control systems
- Work closely with clients to build systems that meet their requirements
- Work closely with the embedded firmware and software development teams, offering feedback from the field
(extensive, hands-on experience designing/creating the mentioned software components)
- 5+ years of strong/solid experience with wireless system deployments
- Complete familiarity with 802.11 and 802.16 wireless standards
- Extensive knowledge of wireless fundamentals: Link Budgeting, Effect of Multipath, Fresnel Zone, etc.
- Strong/solid knowledge of wireless security
- Solid working knowledge Unix/Linux operating systems with ability to compile/install/configure/troubleshoot software
- A very good understanding of networking concepts: TCP/IP, HTTP/S, SSH, UDP, IP routing, etc.
- Demonstrable experience in troubleshooting network systems
- Good working knowledge of network and application security concepts (authorization/authentication/ACL)
- Previous network/device management experience using SNMP is a big plus
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience. (MS preferred)
- Local candidates (SF Bay Area or Austin-Houston, TX corridor) with permission to work in the USA, as there is no relocation assistance or visa sponsorship offered at this time.
- No phone calls please. We will contact all qualified candidates immediately.
- Travel requirement > 50
||Mountain View, CA |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|