As a Senior Functional Consultant you will have a wide range of responsibilities focused on providing functional solutions to meet the needs of our clients. You will be a part of a team of professionals that play a key role in implementing solutions and delivering results. Skilled at providing in-depth analysis and the ability to provide resolution to broad, complex, and critical work, the Senior Functional Consultant will act in a lead capacity on complex projects, mentoring and guiding others in all aspects of an implementation lifecycle with specific emphasis on systems analysis, functional design and testing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Allocation of Time
1. Participates in the full lifecycle of a client implementation such as Kickoff, Business Analysis, Functional Specification, System Configuration, Design, Testing, Documentation, Training and Change Management Execution ensuring compliance with Workbrain's S2V methodology. Works directly with the customer's project team to understand their business needs and translate those business needs into a set of systematic specifications for development.
May lead small work teams on engagements, planning, organizing and validating the work of other team members. Provides guidance, assistance, and training opportunities to team members and customer staff. Using a high-degree of insight and analytical skill recommends alternatives solutions and on-going risk assessments. Anticipates changes required in project plans and processes and recommends alternative approaches to the Project Manager.
Develops a deep understanding of the capabilities and limitations of Workbrain software to properly and creatively utilize features to meet client needs. Detailed understanding of the application architecture, database schema, development tools, and native language.
Researches, documents, configure and test all functional elements involving rules and policies. Creates workflows and forms using builder tools as well as maintain functional documentation of the configured solution.
Collaborates with Senior Technical Consultants to ensure the functional specifications identified have been met through development.
Mentors Consultants by providing direction on how to navigate through Workbrain's work environment.
2. Builds and maintains a reference-able customer relationship. Exhibits a sense of urgency in providing quality service to both internal and external customers. Earns trust and credibility
throughout WB and the customer organization. Seeks to understand customer issues and
delivers appropriate solutions. Adheres to Workbrain's S2V Methodology when executing
deliverables. Completes tasks in a timely manner within the timeframe established.
Holds self accountable for work products and ensures quality of end results. Anticipates problems in advance and provides solutions to minimize risks. Communicates the
capabilities and design of Workbrain's software. Assists the customer in making decisions to properly and creatively utilize features to meet the customer's needs.
3. Learns and continually develops Workbrain consulting functional skills. Works collaboratively and builds relationships with other consultants, customer staff, and third party consultants. Keeps abreast of (new) product functionality â€" strives to become a product expert across multiple modules.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Education & Experience
· Minimum 5 years of experience with business application development and/or IT Consulting.
· Minimum 3 years project related experience with exposure to all phases of software development including: Analysis and Design, Implementation, Testing and Deployment.
· Knowledge of Human Capital Management solutions.
· Degree/diploma in Computer Science and/or related field.
· Experienced in leading teams and providing mentorship/guidance to others through a full implementation lifecycle.
· Skilled in analyzing and documenting business requirements and corresponding solution specifications.
· Able to work with minimal direction.
· Understanding of, and experience with, application architecture (client/server, web, database).
· Experience writing database queries in SQL.
· Experience with database development of stored procedures, triggers, and view functions.
· Experience with Agile or other iterative development methodologies.
· Experience with relational database modeling/object-oriented design.
· Strong communications skills (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
· Experience with MS Office, including MS Projects and VISIO.
· Knowledge of Workbrain products and tools and ability to apply a variety of Workbrain techniques, methods, processes, and practices to varied work assignments.
· Writes documentation in a clear and concise manner.
· Adjusts to changes in priorities and manages time effectively.
· Takes initiative to achieve value-added results, within scope of responsibility.
· Develops solutions that consider the impact on other aspects of the project.
· Ability to provide a positive impression of Workbrain by exceeding customer expectations.
· Develops knowledge of client systems, architecture, processes and business verticals.
· Field Consultants â€" In most cases, travel not to exceed 90%, throughout North America, by various conveyances, e.g., air, rail, automobile.
Travel is to the assigned client location each and every week. Client assignments might be changed due to hardware availability within days of travel demanding personal travel impacts (flight rescheduling, expense complications, etc.). As such, individual must have strong personal financial and time management capabilities.
|Location:||Remote Office, OR |