The Active Network, Inc. (NYSE:ACTV) is the leading provider of organization-based cloud computing applications--serving the business events, community activities, outdoors and sports markets-- with over 47,000 global business customers and 70 million annual transactions reported last year. Our technology platforms have transformed the way organizers manage their activities and events by automating online registrations and streamlining other critical management functions, while also driving consumer participation to their events. Our flagship media property, Active.com(R), is the leading online community for people who want to discover, participate in, and share activities about which they are passionate. Headquartered in San Diego, California since 1999, the company has over 25 offices worldwide.
The Active Network is rapidly expanding into our international markets, resulting in expansion of both headcount and the demand for internal technical support. We are seeking an experienced technical support manager who will be responsible for developing processes, standards, and integrating architected solutions into various environments. This candidate will support a Domestic/International Distributed Windows Computer Infrastructure and have experience in coordinating the day to day events within multiple global locations. The ability to provide high-level front line technical support, and deal with a wide variety of requests each day via a ticketing system, calls via phone, video, and email is required. This opportunity requires a motivated individual with a natural ability to multi-task and a desire to support the growth of the Company.
- Working with several Corp IT desktop and OS groups to test images and driver updates.
- Perform upgrades, new installations, enhancements and configuration changes as needed.
- Perform daily operational duties, such as completing customer requests and troubleshooting problems.
- Adhere to corporate change management policies and practices.
- Work on cross departmental and cross functional projects.
- Develop and maintain documentation.
- On-call responsibilities.
- Be creative and provide technical leadership.
- Great verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation and excellent documentation skills.
- Provide first level technical support with an emphasis on customer service for PC, MAC, networking.
- Act as central point of contact for peripherals and office systems technologies such as e-mail clients, broadband access, remote access methods, various software, and virus scanning software for Active's employees worldwide.
- Capable of managing vendor relationships.
- Must be degree educated with a 2.1 or 1st class honors from a top-tier University
- 4+ years previous experience in tech support
- Fantastic troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of virus/ malware removal
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional time management and multitasking abilities
- Personal situation will allow short term occasional international travel
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems including XP, Vista and Windows 7
- Exposure to windows server 2003, windows 2008, active directory, DNS, Group Police TCP/ IP
- Strengths within Microsoft Office tools including Office 2003 2007 2010
- Hands on experience working with multiple OS platforms: Windows 7, OS X
- Understanding of LDAP directories, such as Active Directory
- Experience with network services like Radius, TACACS, LDAP, DNS, DHCP, SNMP, SMTP
- Ability to work efficiently in a high-pressure, fast paced environment
- 4+ years Windows Workstation experience
- Experience with VMware and its related technologies (ESX, Lab Manager)
- Strong knowledge of the software development cycle, understanding the release processes for Integration, QA, Stage, and Production
- 3+ years project management experience
- Proficient with Visio
Don't let this great opportunity to work with a dynamic and energetic group of individuals pass you by!
|Location:||London, KY |
|Headquarters:||10182 Telesis Court|
San Diego, CA 92121
|Industry:||Business Products and Services|