Account Executive CPower
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
CPower has immediate opening for an Account Executive position to support our New York City business. The AE will be responsible for selling to New York based companies. Additionally, the position will work closely with our National Accounts organization team for opportunities with corporate locations within New York. The position will require frequent regional travel generally involving meeting with prospects, customers, business partners and vendors; attending conferences and trade shows; and representing the company at various industry and community events.
Direct Sales Oversee all aspects of the sales process, including:
- Negotiate and close contracts within CPowers pricing guidelines
- Meeting both top line and bottom line sales goals
- Be the market expert for assigned geography, including having a comprehensive and deep understanding of the customer base & their needs; the competitive landscape; and available utility and ISO programs
- Conduct as-needed research and analysis in order to effectively identify prospects and client needs and craft solutions based on these specific needs. Qualify and prioritize leads according to strategic value, revenue and margin potential.
- Leverage CPowers portfolio of offerings to position solutions that solve the customer's specific business needs; present a unique high-value CPower proposition and support CPowers revenue and margin targets
- Develop and deliver customized sales materials, sales pitches and proposals through all channels including in person, telephone and written submissions
Marketing & Channel Sales
- Manage all business relations with identified 3rd party sales partners to drive additional revenue for CPower
- Provide input and support to CPowers Marketing and Business Development teams on outreach opportunities, competitor intelligence, ideas on how to continuously improve product offerings and go-to-market strategies
- Identify and attend key industry/networking events, represent CPower at a booth, or speaking events as required
- Support marketing activities and campaigns by helping identify target audiences; helping draft (when necessary) the content and messaging; and leading efforts to collect client testimonials and gaining client approvals
Administrative and Coordination with Other Departments
- Maintain up-to-date status and records of each prospect and insure Vice President is kept appraised in a complete and timely manner
- Collaborate with internal departments and personnel to develop sales strategy and proposed solutions pre-sale and insure solutions are appropriately implemented post-sale
- Ensure all required contracts, authorizations, data entry of client records, documentation and internal forms are completed
- Manage the transition of client management (post contract execution) to designated account team
- Salary will be commensurate with experience.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Demonstrated success of achieving sales quota for an extended duration is mandatory
- Experience selling to commercial, industrial, institutional and/or retail markets
- Experience in demand response and/or energy efficiency is highly desired
- Knowledge of the New York ISO electric energy markets is highly desired
- Preference for individuals with experience in any of the follow industry segments: energy management services, energy suppliers, energy technology providers (hardware or software), engineering firm, ESCO, unregulated or regulated division or subsidiary of a utility.
- Candidates must possess a minimum of eight years of relevant work experience, at least three of which involve direct business-to-business sales.
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in science discipline (engineering, etc.) or business (such as economics or business management) is required. MBA is desired
- Professional salesperson organized, effective at prioritizing efforts and delegating tasks, self motivated, able to work with limited supervision, strategic thinker, able to manage selling process through to close
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills able to simply present sophisticated/technical concepts to a wide variety of stakeholders including tenants, engineers, facility managers and CFOs.
- Proven track record that demonstrates the ability to prospect in new markets.
- Strong quantitative and analytical capability ability to develop financial projections and sophisticated proposals
- Fundamental computer skills advanced capabilities in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Powerpoint. Experience in using a CRM or other similar sales data base.
||New York, NY |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED