Accountant - UK & Germany Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The role of the Accountant â€" UK & Germany is to provide full finance and accounting services for our UK and German entities as well as adhoc duties for our other EMEA entities. The role is based in London, UK with minimal travel.
Key/ Skills qualities
- Management and ownership of UK and German general ledger (including all transactions and journals) and production of monthly balance sheet analysis and reconciliations
- Producing timely month end figures and reporting for management
- The management of cash flow and treasury activities, including funding requests to corporate HQ.
- Working closely with management to produce management reports & analysis such as:
P&L (regional, departmental etc)
Ad hoc project delivery status
- Management of payrolls / payroll providers
- Manage statutory obligations and processes (with advice of third party providers), such as:
Annual accounts (including audit)
Equity (including RSUs / Options)
- Liaison with management for specific corporate requirements
- Oversight and approval of UK and German AP processes, working with central EMEA AP.
- Take responsibility for management of third party accountants of German entity
- International ex-pat tax obligations, including â€˜hypothetical taxes'
- Ad hoc projects (such as production of country specific policies and procedures
Key Qualifications/ Experience
- Fluent in English (German would also be useful)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels, in both verbal and written forms
- Display high attention to detail
- Have excellent time management and customer service skills and the ability to work to strict deadlines
- Good project management and organisational skills
- Commercially focussed to be able to continuously question and recommend changes to current procedures and practices to maximise the returns to the business
- Effective time management skills with the ability to prioritise and manage own workload in a busy and demanding environment
- Is willing to 'roll sleeves up' and perform lower level tasks when required (as expected in a small office)
- Strong personality with the ability to influence people and state opinions
- Ability to work independently
- Qualified Accountant
- Corporate accounting system experience
- Intermediate / advanced Excel skills
- Technology / Professional services background preferred
- Background in an International corporation
- Experience in managing people, teams and project(directly or indirectly)
- Experience in rolling out new processes (Accounts Payable, payroll etc)
- Experience of working in a rapidly changing office and/or wider corporate environment
- Has worked independently and remotely as part of a team
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services