Biometrics Research Position (Exercise Science/Biomedical Engineering, internship if needed) Valencell
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Company information
Valencell Founded by scientists and engineers from corporate R&D centers, Valencell is the brains behind the next generation of biometric wearables.
Before Valencell, wearable fitness monitors were little more than boring activity trackers and wrist-worn pedometers that could guess your footsteps/day but couldn't tell you anything meaningful about how your body is responding to exercise, training, or everyday living. Valencell's innovations disrupted this paradigm by providing real-time accurate biometrics (heart rate, VO2, respiration rate, and more) to popular consumer form-factors. Our core technology, PerformTek Precision Biometrics, embeds within existing consumer devices that people already wear (such as audio headsets, armbands, and wristbands) and accurately measures vital signs and fitness metrics during virtually any activity. Altogether, our technology turns your favorite wearable devices into sport computers and fitness trainers.
Because there are so many products that can be fundamentally transformed by our core technology, we do not launch our own consumer products but rather focus our business on R&D and licensing our sensor designs, firmware, software, and patents to a growing list of consumer brands, such as LG, Intel, iriver, Scosche, Blaupunkt, and more soon-to-be-announced.
The position centers around fitness, clinical trials, and technology. will be a vital member of the biometrics laboratory team, executing data collection and analysis of biometric sensors and related metrics.
Required education and skills
- Exercise Science or Biomedical Engineering education. Related majors with experience considered
- Experience with data collection and organization
- Understanding of exercise testing and prescription principles
- Self-starter - this internship requires taking the initiative to learn new things
- Fast learner - this internship will require a large variety of analytic tasks
Desired knowledge and experience
- Familiarity with exercise technology including smart phone applications, fitness software, heart rate, GPS, and/or power monitors
- Ability to organize data utilizing spreadsheet and database software
- Experience with fitness programs including cardiovascular and strength training
- Understanding of indirect calorimetry
- Familiarity with quantification of training load for exercise sessions
Type: Intern/Part time
Start date: August 2013
Compensation: This is a paid position with up to 30 hours of work per week
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
5 - 20M RaisedInvestors: Best Buy Capital
, TDF Ventures
, True Ventures
, WSJ Joshua Fund All Jobs: at Valencell
|Headquarters:||2800-154 Sumner Blvd|
|Company Profile:||Headquartered in Raleigh, NC, Valencell is the brains behind the wearable sensor technology boom. The company's core technology, PerformTek Precision Biometrics, embeds within existing consumer devices that people already wear (such as audio headsets, armbands, and wristbands) and accurately measures vital signs and fitness metrics during virtually any activity.
With over 40 patents and patents pending, Valencell's sensor designs, firmware and software are licensed to a growing list of consumer brands such as LG, Intel, iriver, Scosche, Blaupunkt and more.
Founded and managed by esteemed scientists and engineers from industry, Valencell has attracted unusual attention and momentum with PerformTek's technical superiority in promoting healthy lifestyles through personal awareness. Visit www.valencell.com
Support Valencell with Social Media services