Associate Presentation Editor Craftsy
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Company Overview:
Craftsy (powered by Sympoz) is a Denver-based start-up at the intersection of online education, social communities and e-commerce. We produce HD-quality classes in quilting, sewing, knitting, cake decorating and more. The Craftsy platform enables passionate crafters around the world to learn from expert instructors anywhere, any time and to easily interact with instructors and classmates as they do. Learn it, make it, and even share it on Craftsy, by posting projects for inspiration and feedback or selling in our free-to-list indie patterns marketplace. Just a year and a half old, with 135 classes and more than a million users, Craftsy is already a leader in the social crafting space and there?s so much more to come!
Sympoz Inc. was founded in May 2010 by an experienced executive team from eBay, Yahoo, and ServiceMagic. The leadership is strong, and supports every employee in building and moving the company forward each day. We learn on the fly, and respond quickly to user feedback and ideas. The office is fast-paced and fluid, with the long hours start-ups are known for. But we like to have fun, too: like any good start-up, there are video games, rock concerts, paintball, and bottomless snacks.
The production branch of Sympoz - a fast-growing Denver-based online video education startup that helps people follow their passions and learn from renowned experts - seeks an experienced, hard-working and meticulous multimedia editor. This person, among other responsibilities, will prepare downloadable class materials, create onscreen copy, quality-check videos and load content into our content management system.
While solid writing skills and copy-editing are requirements, this is not a writing job. You will spend a great deal of time watching and notating video, but it's not a video production job either. You will join a group of people with a reputation for creativity, accuracy and a strong service orientation on projects that didn?t exist 10 minutes ago. Must possess both the ability to find satisfaction in detailed work correctly done and a frequently deployed sense of humor. If you need to know exactly what you?re going to be doing on any given day, this is not the job for you.
- Assemble, line edit and shepherd printable course handouts through graphic design
- Follow AP, house style and technical specifications
- Review all videos for accuracy
- Write and QA on-screen text
- Prepare all materials related to a class for launch
- Work with motion graphics artists, video editors, instructors, producers, instructional designers, art directors and professionals from other areas of the company
- Create classes that are lively, compelling and accurate while meeting Sympoz? business objectives
- Work precisely and meticulously under deadline
- Bachelor?s degree in related field
- At least two years of experience in a multimedia and/or newsroom environment.
- Able to focus on and enjoy working with a large volume of information
- Experience in magazine or newspaper journalism a plus
- Adobe InDesign/CS5 a plus
- Passion for online learning, crafting, do-it-yourself projects, the handmade/maker movement or similar
- High tolerance for ambiguity, ability to improvise, and enthusiasm for developing new ways to present information
To be considered for this position, please submit the following:
- Resume with contact email and phone
- Letter of interest clearly addressing the job description and requirements
- Writing samples (short form preferred)
- Contact information for 3 references
Start Date: ASAP
Position reports to: Senior Presentation Editor
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Commuter Benefits, and unlimited vacation/sick time
Craftsy is conveniently located in LoHi, with easy access to downtown, the Cherry Creek / Platte River bike path and I-25.
To be considered for the position, please submit a resume and cover letter explaining why you're interested in this position, your relevant experience and some short and/or long-term career objectives (in other words, what do you think you can gain from this position as it relates to your personal and professional goals?).
||Denver, CO |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED