Backend Server Engineer Telltale Games
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Responsibilities:
- Design and implement various web services and api?s relating to:
User account creation and management
Platform cloud services
Various game platform telemetry data
- Integration of various 3rd party technologies such as Vanilla, LemonStand, etc.
- Help analyze lots of telemetry and product generated data
- Working on all layers of the application, including reporting and administration
- Working in a team oriented, exciting, fun and challenging work environment
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Strong coding ability with PHP/Python
- Have 3+ years experience working on server-side applications.
- Experience designing and developing rich service APIs
- Experience developing secure RESTful web services that are highly scalable
- Developing new features and functionality to a complex software platform
- Experience with SQL and Couch
- You have phenomenal debugging principles and perseverance - solving thorny problems is your forte
- You function well in a fast-paced, informal, egoless environment where constant change is the norm and the bar for performance is set high.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with Xbox Live and/or Playstation Network
- Experience working with iOS AppStore systems
- Experience with Steam
- Avid video gamer, digital consumer
||San Rafael, CA 94912 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Telltale is the first and only digital publisher to release interactive episodic content on a monthly schedule. Their award-winning internal development studio is responsible for creating landmark episodic content, including Tales of Monkey Island, the Sam & Max series, Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People, and Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventure. Telltale currently develops and publishes episodic series on PC, PlayStation3, Wii, and Xbox 360, with plans to expand to additional platforms and channels this year. Investors: Granite Ventures All Jobs: at Telltale Games
|Headquarters:||San Rafael, CA 94912|
|Industry:||Media and Entertainment|
|Company Profile:||Founded in 2004 by LucasArts veterans with decades of experience, Telltale has quickly become an industry leader, establishing the model for downloadable game seasons and releasing more than 30 games to date. Telltale's titles have won numerous awards including "Adventure Game of the Year" accolades from publications such as IGN, PC Gamer, GameSpy, and Adventure Gamers, and have been recognized by mainstream outlets ranging from USA Today, to The New York Times to Variety.
The publisher's landmark Sam & Max series, based on the independent comics by Steve Purcell, paved the way for episodic gaming with two award-winning seasons available on PC, Wii, and Xbox LIVE Arcade. In 2008, Telltale launched the first episodic series available on WiiWare with Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People, five adventures based on the Homestarrunner.com web cartoons. Ranked by USA Today as one of the top five downloadable games to watch in 2009, Telltale's Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures took episodic in a new direction with a series based on Aardman's globally popular franchise. Later that year, Telltale announced and launched Tales of Monkey Island, the highly-anticipated episodic return of Guybrush Threepwood in the series' first original story in nearly a decade.
Key Milestones and Accomplishments
Founded in 2004
Built a proprietary interactive storytelling technology
Funded by top-tier investors
Launched direct sales and distribution channel
Secured agreements to create premium content based on established licenses (Wallace & Gromit; Monkey Island; Sam & Max; Homestarrunner.com; Bone; CSI: Crime Scene Investigation)
Partnered with leading distributors (Time Warner / Turner Entertainment (GameTap); Yahoo Games; Steam; IGN; Big Fish; JoWooD Group; Trymedia; Wild Tangent)
Became official developer for Wii, Xbox 360 and PC
Support Telltale Games with Social Media services