Big Data Product Marketing Director (Individual Contributor) Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Director of Product Marketing for Big Data
Marketing | San Francisco, CA, United States
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
As Director of Product Marketing for Big Data, you will be responsible for leading go to market efforts for the fast moving and rapidly evolving Big Data segment. Responsibilities will include go-to-market planning and execution, field enablement and development of product-related content. The role requires a solid and relevant technology background, strong business savvy and top notch written and verbal communications skills. The position is based at Splunk's headquarters in San Francisco. A strong background in product marketing at an enterprise software company is essential.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Sales tools: Developing technical product presentations, whitepapers, product guides, technical briefs and other tools, to enable sales teams to sell the Splunk technology story effectively.
- Product demonstrations: Designing, delivering and training the field on value-based demonstration, working in conjunction with Sales Engineering and Technical Product Marketing.
- Product evangelism: Evangelizing and demonstrating Splunk at conferences, tradeshows, to analysts and customers.
- Competitive intelligence: Research and maintain technical competitive intelligence in key usage areas and markets, including building technical evaluation labs.
- Product positioning: Connecting market and technology trends with Splunk's technology to build product positioning and messages for key use cases.
- Product launches: Participating in product launches to build technical product messaging, briefing analysts and press on Splunk's technology, developing product collateral and sales tools and general support of the launch plan.
- Partnerships: Supporting partnership-related technical product marketing activities.
- Industry events: Attending tradeshows and other events to represent Splunk and showcase the technology.
Required Skills and Background: I've already done that or have that!
Education: Got it!
- 5-10+ years product marketing experience in enterprise software.
- Experience working in an enterprise company
- Experience developing technical products presentations, whitepapers, product guides, briefs etc.
- Worked directly with sales teams
- Relevant Big Data market and technology experience.
- Passionate about groundbreaking technology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Effective at communicating clearly and comfortably to technical and business audiences.
- Self-starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative and hi-growth technology environment.
- MUST already be located in the San Francisco Bay Area (this is not a remote position and we are only considering local candidates)
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 5,700 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 700 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
||the San Francisco Bay Area, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED