As part of the Business Development team, the Business Development Account Manager is responsible for managing and growing the net revenue from Avalara Solutions Partners through adding additional AvaTax product lines into the Solutions Partners Connectors.
? Establish a professional working relationship with the Solutions Partners Decision makers.
? Manage a pipeline of up sell opportunities within a set of existing accounts and deliver results against a quota.
? Responsible for all phases of the Solutions Partner Contract additions and renewal sales cycle.
? Provide timely forecasts and risk analysis to direct manager as well as track new bookings potential from additional functionality built into Solutions Partners Connectors.
? Articulate and present the value delivered by Avalara products and services to various levels within a Solutions Partner to ensure continued Business opportunity.
? Work in a team environment with Business Development Sales, Product Launch team, Business Development Product Marketing, Operations and sales to ensure maximum bookings potential.
? Create a win-win environment for the Solutions Partner and Avalara by professionally and ethically negotiating issues related to renewal contracts and pricing.
? Present a professional image via communication skills, both proactively and when under duress.
? Grow relationships with key Solutions Partner contacts to ensure we add value at every step and ultimately get these contacts to promote us internally within their organization.
? Develop subject matter expertise and deep product knowledge in order to provide valuable actionable recommendations to Solutions Partners related to best practices in managing sales and use tax.
? Own Bookings growth from Solutions Partners adding more AvaTax modules to their Connectors.
? Own moving inactive and low volume Solutions Partners to great annual bookings resulting in passing of these accounts to appropriate Solutions Partner end user sales team.
? Work with Operations and Legal to standardize stale contracts to new templates and offerings.
? Oversee new Solutions Partner contract to ensure they follow new standards and best practices.
Experience and Skills:
1. Bachelors degree (B.S. or B.A.) from an accredited college or university, or equivalent career experience
2. Minimum 5 years of sales, customer or partner management, consulting or related experience.
3. Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills.
4. Experience working with senior executive level personnel.
5. Understanding for legal documents and terminology.
6. Experience negotiating contracts or facilitating resolution to customer problems.
7. Efficient work habits that allow for a significant level of multi-tasking.
8. Proven track record of achieving performance goals including quotas, revenue targets or other key performance indicators.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Number of Openings: 1
Years of Experience: 5 - 7 Years
Level of Education: BA/BS
Starting Date : ASAP
435 Eriksen Avenue
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110