CHANNEL ACCOUNT MANAGER, East Region
Bit9âs channel business has grown over 300% since we started our channel program three years ago. Given this growth, weâre seeking a Boston area channel account manager, who is excited at the prospect of leveraging their security, technology, and channel background, to continue to build the best channel program available.
The Channel Account Manager must have deep connections to the top security resellers in the industry.
Members of the Bit9 Channel Team assist with driving the companyâs booking and revenue growth and are the âeyes and earsâ of the company. We exude passion and energy balanced with professionalism and a consultative, knowledgeable approach. We expect every member of the channel team to:
- Aggressively help sales establish qualified pipeline
- Manage region like your own business while working as a team with your peers and partners
- Organize and align channel marketing plans
- Communicate effectively
- Project professionalism and dedication to customer success
- Know our products, the benefits they offer and how we fit in the security ecosystem
- Accurately forecast and capture details in internal systems and reporting
- Operate with the highest ethical standards
- Make decisions based upon the following interests : 1) Customer 2) Company 3) Self
The Channel Manager for the East will play a critical role in driving Bit9âs revenue growth by recruiting, cultivating and managing new and existing channel partners. The Channel Manager, will lead and coordinate partner recruitment, enablement and field engagement activities as well as contribute to internal partner program management to ensure cross-functional readiness.
This position is based out of the Bit9 corporate office but will require approximately 50-75% travel within the region.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Exceed booking, revenue and pipeline quota targets
- Drive incremental revenue opportunities with partners: Identify and develop successful long-term opportunities alongside partners to grow new business for Bit9.
- Track, forecast, co-ordinate and report on sales opportunities.
- Qualify & recruit Solution Providers, VARs and Distributors across region
- Develop partners through training to enable them to achieve the most commercially suitable level of Partner program accreditation
- Co-ordinate local Marketing activities tied to the business's goals.
- Facilitate relationships between the Bit9 field sales team and the key partner sales and technical teams to ensure that account mapping is completed and joint account plans developed.
- Jointly develop partner business plans and review monthly against agreed targets.
- Ensure close liaison with all relevant functions within Bit9 to communicate product and support needs
- Work closely with partners to qualify and understand prospect security priorities and provide compelling presentations of Bit9 solutions
- Manage demonstration and evaluation activities with the help of the Systems Engineering team and Channel SE
- Capture, maintain, and disseminate accurate and relevant prospect information using Salesforce.com
Qualifications & requirements:
- 5+ years channel management experience with connects to security resellers
- 5+ years experience selling software security and/or infrastructure products to corporate enterprises
- Demonstrated history of exceeding booking and revenue targets
- Comfortable calling at the senior executive level
- Highly effective presentation and closing skills
- Strong time management, organizational and decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Dynamic, high-energy self-starter
- Possess the drive to succeed and to participate in the growth of an exciting, fast-paced company
- BA/BS or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Fluent in English with excellent spoken and written skills, additional languages highly desirable
Bit9 is an equal opportunity employer.Â We are not using agencies to fill this role; no agency calls, please.