Channel Sales Engineer, Southeast Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
As a Splunk Channel Sales Engineer (SE), you'll be the primary technical resource for the Field Sales team. You will be responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with channel sales teams as a key technical advisor, mentor and advocate for our products and services. Splunk Channel SEs must be able to answer technical questions from channel partners and customer's regarding Splunk technology, features, solutions, applications as well as articulate Splunk technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. You must be able to help partners identify all technical issues in their assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process, and you must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle with our partners and customer's technical staff.
Location: Ideal candidate must be located in the Southeast region (Georgia/Florida).
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Must be able to demonstrate Splunk products and services to partners and customers on site, remotely via webinar sessions, and at field events such as conferences and trade shows.
- Must be willing to travel to visit partners and customers, and to engage in onsite customer work when required.
- Experience responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs is also important.
- Conduct /coordinate regular training, enablement and partner certification sessions. Lunch and Learns, Channel events and informal ad-hoc sessions.
- Must be the advocate for the channel partners technical enhancement requests to ensure they have a technical voice within Splunk.
- Will be self-motivated with a proven track record in technical software sales and knowledge of technology. You should be comfortable working for a dynamic technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base.
- Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate clearly and professionally to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports.
- Need to be organized and analytical, and be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- 3-5+ years relevant experience in selling and supporting software products to IT organizations.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience and familiarity with IT management products and services.
- Experience with networking, server, application and web technologies.
- Some database query language (SQL), report development and search engine experience is desirable.
- Some Unix based scripting language (Perl, Python, *sh) is desirable.
- Domain expertise with IT Operations, Application Management and/or security/compliance is desirable.
Education: Got it
Bachelor's degree in computer science, a related discipline or equivalent work experience.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has almost 3,000 customers in over 70 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 400 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Health Care, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, Commuter benefits, PTO and sick leave, 401K, 3 weeks' vacation, 2 completely stacked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Monday and Bagel Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, BBQs, soccer, ski trips, on-site yoga classes, and health fairs.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
||Ideal candidate must be located, GA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED