Chief Financial Officer Promega
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Tracking Code
JOB OBJECTIVE: Responsible for developing company?s overall financial plans and policies and its relationship with lending institutions, shareholders, and the financial community. Development of long range financing strategies. Directs all corporate financing and activities, which lead to the most advantageous development of business, allocation of resources and provides support for the operating divisions.
1. Strategy - Provide leadership in the development of short and long-term strategic financial objectives. Assess organizational performance against objectives. Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the CEO and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations. Engage the Board, Audit Committee, Corporate Leadership Team, Strategic Business Unit Leaders and General Managers around issues, trends, and changes in the operating models and operational delivery. Assist in establish yearly objectives and meeting agendas, selecting and engaging auditors and valuation experts in executing responsibilities. Engage in regular cost management activities in alignment with company objectives. Direct and analyze studies of general economic, business, and financial conditions, and their impact on the corporation?s policies and operations.
2. Executive management ? Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior management to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions. Provide key personnel with advice on the financial implications of business activities. Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities. Participate in key decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives, operating model and operational execution.
3. Accounting and Tax ? Oversee preparation of month-end, quarter-end, and year-end financial statements. Review month-end closing activities, identifying unusual items that need to be addressed. Implement and enhance financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems. Serve as final point of escalation for transaction issues. Develop and manage accounting staff. Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors. Oversee proper filing of tax returns and ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
4. Treasury and Risk Management ? Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed. Oversee cash, investment, and asset management. Oversee financial strategies and activities as well as banking relationships. Develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the organization?s operations and business plans. Manage the company?s insurance program. Manage the company?s real estate affairs, including addition of land and buildings.
5. Controlling ? Oversee operational and costs accounting function, ensuring proper standard costing methodologies and variance analyses. Work with Operations team to address issues identified through operational account cost accounting analyses. Interact with and serve as a main point of contact at headquarters for international branches on all aspects of their businesses. Review consolidation on a monthly basis to ensure completeness and accuracy.
6. Financial planning and analysis ? Oversee generation of daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and analyses. Lead implementation, enhancement, and maintenance of business intelligence solutions. Provide guidance on financial metrics for incentive plans, monitoring and discussing with participants on a regular basis. Manage annual forecasting process.
1. MBA degree in finance, accounting, or business, plus minimum of 10 years? experience in finance/accounting leadership position.
2. CPA highly desirable.
3. Experience managing financial function of multi-location corporation, with international affiliates/subsidiaries highly desired.
4. Experience in life science manufacturing environment preferred.
5. Proven knowledge and success in negotiating financial relationships with key investors, financial institutions, and key vendors necessary.
6. Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills. The ability to work with all levels in the organization in a ?hands on? role.
7. Experience in a cross-functional team environment and the ability to influence, educate and make recommendations for team decisions.
8. Proven ability to recruit, train and develop personnel to enable the organization to keep up with the rapidly changing environment.
9. Ability to work in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment that encourages continuous improvement ongoing.
1. Ability to sit for long periods of time.
2. Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required.
3. Ability to use computer equipment.
Promega Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
||2800 Woods Hollow Road |
Madison, WI 53711
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED