Chief Technician - Leeward/Waianae Liberty Dialysis
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Tracking Code
Why Work for Liberty Dialysis:
Have the opportunity to give each patient the quality time they deserve with higher than average care-giver to patient ratios.
Highly competitive compensation plans.
Highly competitive medical, dental, vision, paid-time off and 401k benefit plans.
Excellent work/life balance schedules.
Work environments that are modern, comfortable and have state-of-the-art technology.
Ongoing training and development opportunities available at every clinic.
Role and Responsibilities:
1. Follows all company policies and procedures, is active in revision of such policies and procedures as related to changes in industry standards and Federal / State Regulations.
2. Supervises Dialysis Technical Specialists.
2. Maintain machines and equipment in conformance with manufacturers guidelines and makes necessary repairs for clinic and inpatient program with appropriate documentation according to industry standards.
3. Maintain adequate inventory of supplies. Insures that necessary documentation, i.e., purchase orders and packing slips are submitted to appropriate individuals in a timely manner.
4. Collects necessary water samples per AAMI standards, reviews and interprets results notifying Regional Biomed, Nurse Manager, or designee and Medical Director of problematic results and reports these findings in quality assurance meetings.
5. Oversees and evaluates the water system through analysis and direct measurement of operating parameters.
6. Controls and distributes all supplies used in clinic, keeping an inventory at appropriate levels.
7. Participates in the evaluation of new equipment.
8. Maintains open verbal and written communication with all staff on matters of a technical nature.
9. Participates in quality assurance and quality improvement of the unit.
10. Participates in cost containment.
11. Prepares and submits reports as needed on a timely basis.
12. Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
13. Participates in periodic inventory counts.
14. Accurately records and maintains all required logbooks.
15. Troubleshoots mechanical problems with machines and equipment.
16. Performs monthly inspection and documentation to include physical plant and grounds, inspection of center safety devices such as fire extinguishers, fire and security systems, emergency, exit and external lights and immediately reports problems to Regional Biomed Technician.
17. Participates in staff, technical, educational and quality improvement meetings.
18. Maintains all regulated medical waste manifests and logs.
19. Maintains Material Safety Data Sheets.
20. Other duties as assigned by Regional Biomedical Technician and Clinical Administrator or designee.
Bachelor?s degree is preferred.
Background in technical or biomedical related field is required.
Biomedical equipment training (BMET)
Ability to read, write and comprehend technical manuals
Minimum two years dialysis experience is required
Three years as a dialysis equipment technician preferred; experience as a hospital BMET or an engineering background may be substituted.
Ability to use computer, including input, withdrawal of data using data management systems.
Excellent communication skills
Ewa Beach, Hawaii, United States
||Ewa Beach, HI |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED