Join the revolution! Avalara Inc., one of the fastest growing technology companies in the United States, is seeking a Collection Specialist.
Recently recognized by Inc. Magazine and other national publications, Avalara is the leader in web-based sales and use tax automation services and has experienced explosive growth since its inception in 2004. Based on Bainbridge Island, WA, and with offices across the U.S. and overseas, Avalara offers exciting opportunities in numerous fields.
This individual will join Avalara's Finance team as a Collection Specialist. In this position you will be communicating with customers by phone and email in an effort to collection on current and past due customer accounts. Avarala has a customer base of over 8,000 customers and therefore this is a fast paced and dynamic environment that demands excellence in customer service.
1. Collection calls
2. Information gathering calls with customers
3. Processing of Credit Cards
4. Setting up and pulling Bank ACHs
5. Completion of Vendor Information Forms
6. Work with the Sales Team in resolving customer issues and disputes
7. Respond timely to customer billing concerns and billing questions
8. Prepare paperwork for accounts going to collections agency
9. Processing and distribution of office mail
10. Prepare and update various tracking reports
11. Other duties as assigned
Experience and Skills:
1. 2+ years experience in call center, collections or financial industry
2. The ability to handle a large volume of outgoing and incoming collections calls
3. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
4. The ability to work as a team player in a positive and professional team environment
5. Intermediate knowledge of Excel
6. Great Plains experience preferred
7. General Principles of Accounting needed
8. Ten Key
9. Type 40 wpm
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by Federal, state or local law.
Job Level: Entry Level (less than 2 years)
Number of Openings: 1
Years of Experience: 2 - 5 Years
Level of Education: Some College
Starting Date : ASAP
435 Eriksen Avenue
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110