Component Engineer SynQor
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Job Code : 1245
Division : 1215 - Quality & Reliability
Location : SynQor Worldwide Headquarters, Boxborough MA US 01719-1316
% of Travel Required : 0-10%
Job Type : Full Time
Career Level : Experienced (Non-Manager)
Shift/Hours : First Shift (Day)
Education : Bachelor's Degree
Category : Engineering
Job Description :
The successful candidate will provide support to the Product Development, Manufacturing, Materials Management, and Procurement teams to select, source, and qualify components used in SynQor Power Converters & Systems. While acting as the technical interface between component suppliers and product development engineers, they will investigate alternate component technologies and suppliers to reduce cost while improving component quality and reliability.
The ideal candidate must be innovative, creative and resourceful, with outstanding problem solving skills. They must be an excellent communicator, both written and verbally. S/He must be willing to do whatever it takes to achieve goals and objecties. They will be a self-starter, self-directed, highly motivated team player, and willing to participate cross-functionally to support all related Company processes.
Job Requirements :
Position details include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review and approve Product Design Engineer's electrical and electromechanical component requests during new product development; advise engineering teams in analysis of Bill of Materials (BOMs) of existing products.
- Identify and qualify alternative components that are form, fit, and function interchangeable with existing sources.
- Monitor critical component obsolescence status and initiate critical action as required based upon component manufacturer change notifications.
- Assure adherence to SynQor component requirements including ESD, MSL, RoHS, and REACH compliance status.
- Monitor electrical component yields; support component related product issues and customer returns, initiate supplier failure analysis and monitor corrective action activities.
- Provide support to the Incoming Inspection QC Team, and monitor and disposition accumulated non-conforming electronic components via the MRB process.
||155 Swanson Road |
Boxborough, MA 01719
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED