Corporate Counsel - Licensing Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Splunk Legal is a collaborative team of lawyers and legal professionals who help accelerate Splunk's success by providing creative and practical answers to cutting-edge legal questions. Splunk Legal delivers solutions that comply with the letter and spirit of the law and that enable Splunk to grow its leadership globally. This position reports to the Associate General Counsel, Worldwide Field Operations.
You are an experienced attorney who will focus on complex software licensing, channel and business development transactions â€" negotiating, drafting and analyzing a wide variety of global agreements. You'll advise our clients on the various legal risks, business strategies and other issues related to commercial transactions, and you'll also assist with the continuous development of the commercial team and its processes. Diligent and proactive, you bring excellent business judgment and strategic thinking, along with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a collegial, fast-paced team environment. Since Splunk is a global business, you will need to have international experience with commercial and governmental transactions to identify and resolve legal risks.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Review, draft and negotiate licenses and intellectual property agreements, sales, channel partner, business development and other agreements.
- Respond promptly to requests for legal advice from Sales, Business Development, Sales Ops, Channel and other clients, summarizing and communicating legal concepts that business people can use.
- Advise all business clients on the legal issues and risks, complex deal structures, approval processes, company policies and procedures, IP, negotiation strategy and other related licensing issues.
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements, playbook, contract templates and legal processes.
- Reinforce Splunk's culture of compliance by providing ongoing training, education, and overview to ensure that Splunk meets all applicable legal requirements.
- Assist in intellectual property due diligence.
- Assist in development and dissemination of policies and procedures involving licensing, intellectual property and related issues.
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Possess exceptional legal capabilities and judgment.
- At least 5 years of in-depth experience in enterprise software licensing, business development, intellectual property matters, and demonstrated experience in licensing, open source, antitrust and contract laws.
- Be a proven team player and working in fast moving, entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrated experience advising clients in structuring complex commercial transactions agreements and responding to complex customer agreements.
- Background in drafting and negotiating global licenses and intellectual property agreements, services agreements and Sales, Business Development and Channel agreements.
- Outstanding drafting skills including demonstrated ability to successfully work with attention to detailed contractual language related to technology.
- Demonstrated experience with international licensing, transactions and legal requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work on lead teams including both attorneys and business executives to solve complex legal issues and recommended solutions
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects with deadlines.
- Ability to operate independently for most issues, with some guidance
- Superior English communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Fluency in one of more languages other than English desirable.
Education: Got it!
- JD degree with excellent academic credentials preferred.
- CA bar strongly preferred.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 4,000 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 500 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED