Customer Support Engineer NexGen Storage
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Job Description:
NexGen Storage is looking for a Customer Support Engineer who will remotely support hardware and software products for NexGen Storage end-user Customers, VARs and Partners. The Customer Support Engineer position will require interaction with customers on the phone, email and other electronic media.
The successful candidate will have a technical background with troubleshooting skills at the network and OS levels. The candidate will also have organizational and professional skills to deliver the highest level of response to the customer.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to post-sales customer support issues during normal business hours.
- Collect pertinent information from customer and document case details in Case Management system
- Technical troubleshooting of network storage solution issues and NexGen Storage product issues.
- Manage customer issues, escalating to next Support Tier, engineering, or management when appropriate.
- Participation in various company, team, and customer meetings.
- Production of knowledge base articles and other documentation.
- Occasional on-call and after hours support duties will be required.
- Qualified candidates will need to have a Bachelor's Degree or two to five years related experience and/or training in technical customer service. Product specific training related to networked storage products is a plus.
- Technical knowledge and troubleshooting experience in one or more of the following is required: IP networking, iSCSI, storage technologies including RAID, SAN, and Solid State storage. Fibre Channel experience will be a plus for our future products.
- Technical knowledge and troubleshooting experience in one or more of the following Network operating systems is required: Windows Server, Linux, Vmware, Xen.
- Experience with one or more virtualization products is desired, including Vmware, Citrix Xen, and Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Working knowledge of one or more common enterprise applications is desired, such as Exchange, SQL, and Oracle.
- Technical knowledge of server hardware is a plus.
- Exceptional customer management and communication skills, both verbal and written, as required to understand customer needs and ensure clarity on status of technical problems is required. Experience with one or more Case Management systems is a plus.
- Candidate will possess a positive attitude, be willing to be part of a 24x7 team and help establish process and work flows.
- Experience and/or passion for working in a start-up environment.
||Louisville, CO |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED