Data Analyst - Business Intelligence Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Splunk is expanding our Operational Intelligence & Information Security team.â€‹ We are seeking an analyst interested in the Big Data and operational intelligence marketplace to define and produce key business metrics utilizing the Splunk platform.â€‹ If you have a background with Splunk, business intelligence and/or web analytics servicing medium to large enterprises, and possess technical chops at configuring software we would love to talk with you about this immediate opportunity to join our team.â€‹ This is a very dynamic role where you will be providing critical business information to all parts of the business and helping to ensure that the company is meeting its objectives.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Develop in depth business metrics and reports
- Ability to resolve basic technical hardware and application related problems
- Provide tier 1 support for application incidents
- Exceptional reporting skills to establish trends in various parts of the business
- Excellent communication skills, specifically in working with end users to define their reporting & analytics needs
- Must also provide documentation on the work performed
- Work with various business units to define reporting requirements
Education: Got it!
- Superior written and oral communication skills a must
- Must be able to work in a fast paced work-environment and collaborate effectively with several business units
- Highly developed, process-oriented skills for troubleshooting, problem solving, and problem resolution
- Understanding of Regular Expressions (Regex)
- Expertise with one or more business applications
- Specific experience with the Splunk analytics tools a plus
- Familiarity with deploying and supporting BI production environments
- Knowledge of Python a plus
- Understanding of SIEM tools a plus
- Prior experience in similar roles with background in web analytics or business intelligence
- Bachelor Degree or comparable work experience
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 4,000 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 500 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED