Database Admininstrator (DBA) Instructure
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Instructure is a successful, fast-moving technology startup that is disrupting the Learning Management System (LMS) market by setting a new standard for education technology, and we're looking for some top-notch people to join the team. Our company has been featured on TechCrunch, CNBC, and The Motley Fool (to name a few).
Instructure is looking to hire a full-time DBA in the Greater Salt Lake Area in Utah. We've been making waves in the higher education space for the last two years by selling the first LMS which doesn't make teachers and students angry to use (they actually think it's pretty cool), and now we're moving on to do the same in the K-12 market. In other words, people love us and we're growing. Fast. Our future is bright, but we need more than shades to get there. That's where you come in.
We need somebody who can:
- Be part of an on-call team.
- Have the knowledge to know how to respond to database problems at 3am.
- Be able to automate processes so that there aren't database problems at 3am.
- Be a point of contact for questions about databases, both from technical engineers and less technical members of the company.
- Be on top of problems before they become problems.
The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge with:
- SQL (Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, etc).
- Amazon Web Services.
- NoSQL (Cassandra, etc).
- pgBouncer, or some other form of database pooling.
- Configuration management (Puppet, Chef, etc).
- Monitoring and alerting (Zabbix, Nagios, Graphite, etc).
- Automation (Bash, Ruby, Python, etc).
- Performance tuning.
- No fear of learning The New Hotness, and no inclination to throw the baby out with the bath water.
- Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, or some other form of geek culture.
Our Culture = Your Culture
Instructure has a pretty relaxed atmosphere. We care a lot more about what people do than how nice they dress. So feel free to leave your dress clothes at home; we do. Also, we have an open, collaborative work environment. If you see something you disagree with, rock the boat. Challenging ourselves makes us stronger.
? Lots of paid time off
? 8 paid holidays
100% Employer Paid Benefits for You and Your Qualified Dependents (We got you completely covered!):
? Medical (United Healthcare)
? Dental (LifeMap)
- Life/AD&D (Assurant)
Fully stocked break room. Equipment provided. That's right, you get a MacBook (and we'll even throw in a desk and chair). Just saying.
We participate in eVerify.
||Sandy, UT |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED