Director of Product Marketing, Splunk Cloud (Individual Contributor) Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Director of Product Marketing, Splunk Cloud - SF (Individual Contributor)
San Francisco, CA, United States
Job Type: Full-Time
Director of Product Marketing, Splunk Cloud | San Francisco, CA, United States
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
As the Director of Product Marketing for Splunk in the cloud, you will be responsible for driving marketing strategy, product positioning, collateral development and field enablement for Splunk software that runs as a service or in public, private and hybrid clouds. The role requires you to have a strong product marketing background, be a strategic thinker and be business savvy. The role will include creating product go-to-market strategy, crafting messaging, clearly communicating value proposition, driving key partnerships, enabling field and channels as well as influencing press and analysts. The ideal candidate will have a background in product marketing at an (Infrastructure, Platform, Software) As-A-Service company. The position is based at Splunk's headquarters in San Francisco, California.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Develop product positioning and messaging for Splunk's cloud offerings
- Define market opportunities and initiatives based on a deep understanding of the cloud computing landscape and the needs of enterprise customers
- Drive marketing efforts to build awareness and traction of Splunk with the target market
- Develop product launch and go-to-market plans
- Be a spokesperson for Splunk at conferences, press interviews and industry analyst briefings
- Develop close relationships with partners to communicate product positioning and drive development of new solutions
- Development of sales tools including videos, presentations, whitepapers, datasheets and campaigns
- Deliver sales training and enablement to internal teams and external partners
- Develop customer success stories in cooperation with sales and marketing
- Partner with engineering and operations team on product initiatives and opportunity assessment
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
Education: I've got it!
- 5-10 years of experience in product management and product marketing in an enterprise software company
- 2-4 years of experience in an (Infrastructure, Software, Platform)-as-a-service company
- Experience and familiarity with cloud monitoring and management products and services
- MUST have recent product marketing experience at an enterprise software company identifying markets opportunities, go to market strategy and product launches
- Comfort with both technical and business discussions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Requires travel â€" about 30% of the time
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and innovative hi-growth environment
- Live in the Bay Area (this is not a telecommute position) and commute to our San Francisco or Cupertino office
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- MBA preferred
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED