Documentation Coordinator Instructure
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Instructure is a successful, fast-moving technology company that is disrupting the Learning Management System (LMS) market by setting a new standard for education technology, and we're looking for some top-notch people to join the team. Our Company has been featured on TechCrunch, CNBC, and The Motley Fool (to name a few).
We are looking for a Documentation Coordinator to work with our Client Services team and report into our VP of Client Services. This position will help produce and maintain high quality end user content for the students, instructors, LMS Admins, and course designers who use our system. This person will work closely with Support, Training, Product Marketing, and Writing teams.
What you will be doing:
- Develop, proofread, and maintain all end user content for the Canvas LMS.
- Manage and proofread documentation content from outside providers and internal teams.
- Develop style guide and communicate stylistic preferences to documentation contributors.
- Assist with creating processes, procedures and standards that will ensure high-quality documentation.
- Ensure consistency in the style and formatting of help articles published at http://guides.instructure.com
- Develop documentation project plans, priorities, and timelines.
- Partner with Product Marketing to define user interface terminology.
- Partner with Support, Training, Product Marketing, and Proposal Writers to identify and address internal and external documentation needs.
Successful candidates will have the following education, experience, and skills:
- Bachelor's Degree BA/BS in Journalism, English, Technical Communications, Computer Science, Instructional Design, Education or related field with a preferred minimum of 3 years experience writing and publishing documentation.
- Experience writing clear and simple prose for non-technical readers
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to take initiative and solve problems
- Proven ability to manage complex projects
- Expertise with image editing and annotation
- Preferred sample portfolio of technical writing
- Preferred experience documenting software released with Agile methodology
- Preferred experience with ScreenSteps or other documentation platform
- Preferred experience in K12 and Higher Education
- Preferred experience with learning management systems and instructional design
- Preferred experience with creating instructional video and/or video editing.
Our Culture = Your Culture
Instructure has a pretty relaxed atmosphere. We care a lot more about what people do than how nice they dress. So feel free to leave your dress clothes at home; we do.
? Lots of paid time off
? 8 paid holidays
100% Employer Paid Benefits for You and Your Qualified Dependents (We got you completely covered!):
? Medical (United Healthcare)
? Dental (LifeMap)
? Life/AD&D (Assurant)
Fully stocked break room. Equipment provided. That's right, you get a MacBook (and we'll even throw in a desk and chair). Just saying.
We participate in eVerify. EEO.
||Sandy, UT |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED