Education Manager Thinkful
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED We're hiring an education manager to lead student happiness and engagement and to improve the quality of the educational experience. You'll measure the quality of our education, help build and manage our coaching staff, and improve our curricula based on feedback from our students. We're open to someone without technical experience provided they're looking to work hard and can learn quickly. We'd expect the candidate will want to take our web development courses as part of the job - not because we're going to make you, but because you're hungry to learn and consider it a perk!
What you'll do:
- Keep students happy and engaged by improving their learning communities and giving students personal attention
- Invent processes for building communities of students so that they learn better
- Build and manage our distributed team of mentors
- Work with incoming students to help determine their ideal learning path
- Identify ways to improve and streamline our community management and student experience
- You're self-motivated. This is particularly important for us because you'll be involved in managing a distributed team and will have room to invent and implement process with little oversight.
- You communicate clearly, and find dealing with people energizing rather than exhausting.
- You're persuasive and have an interest in and basic understanding of behavioral psychology. We use every trick we can to get our students working harder towards their goals (they ultimately thank us for it).
- You like helping people learn and are yourself a quick learner.
||22 W21st Street |
Quotidian Ventures, 8th Floor
New York, NY 10010
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
We're an NYC-based startup that combines online education with expert-mentors to help anyone learn faster. Our mission is to advance the skills of our workforce and help everyone achieve their professional ambitions. Our online courses teach professional skills--such as web development--helping people learn faster than they could on their own.
< 5M RaisedInvestors: Peter Thiel
, Quotidian Ventures
, RRE Ventures All Jobs: at Thinkful
New York, NY 10010
|Company Profile:||About Thinkful
Thinkful trains people in technical skills for their future careers. We combine expert mentorship with a project-based curriculum to help people efficiently learn the skills they need to advance. In an economy that demands technical expertise, we believe that outcomes-driven education is a necessary part of everyone's lives.
Why work here
Have a voice in the future of education at Thinkful. We are teachers and technologists, designers and producers. Every member of the team contributes to our culture that values intellectual honesty. Join an exciting, funded startup as we continue to grow and advance the state of online learning.|
Support Thinkful with Social Media services