Engineer- Custom Engineering Group Globus Medical
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Description
The Engineer-Custom Engineering Group will be responsible for developing new engineering designs, modifying existing designs, and preparing detailed drawings for medical instruments according to specifications of their product line. This may include bringing a product from idea/concept through design, prototyping, development testing, design verification and validation, manufacturing, needed approvals, and post introduction monitoring. The successful candidate will be a team player with experience in multi-tasking in a high-energy fast-paced environment and will interact closely with Model Makers and Team members in the Custom Engineering Group. Engineer will report to Custom Engineering Group Manager.
1. Design and develop instruments using Pro/E software. Work closely with team members to support design best practices and manufacturability.
2. Work with in-house Model Makers and outside vendors where applicable to ensure manufacturability. Provide detailed toleranced drawings as needed.
3. Interact with engineering, manufacturing and quality personnel to complete required tasks.
4. Create and maintain project plans, drawings, and engineer database for Group.
5. Management of some aspects of the project to ensure timely completion of tasks while remaining in full compliance with Globus quality system and other applicable regulatory bodies.
6. Work with internal and external sources as needed to ensure quality and reliability and to setup manufacturing and/or purchasing as appropriate for each project.
7. Assist in product introductions through sales training, customer calls/visits, and surgery visits.
8. Meet with surgeons and sales reps during in-house visits to discuss clinical needs.
8. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
1. Minimum B.S. Mechanical Engineering degree or closely related degree required.
2. 3 or more years of Pro/E software and Pro/Intralink for design and drafting required. FEA knowledge not required but beneficial.
3. Knowledge of manufacturing techniques/processes, geometric dimensioning and tolerance standards.
4. Background in Mastercam manufacturing software is ideal.
5. 3 -5 years experience in the medical device field in engineering, design, or manufacturing is preferred but not required.
6. Ability to work in fast paced environment. Multi-tasking abilities required for successful job completion.
7. Well organized, positive, detail oriented and team player capable of working in a deadline dictated environment.
8. Strong self-starting and communications skills are essential.
9. Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
||Valley Forge Business Center |
2560 General Armistead Avenue
Audubon, PA 19403
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED