About Tesla - Tesla Motors' mission is to accelerate the world's transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. We are leading a revolution to transform the automotive industry with zero-emissions technology and reminding drivers why they love their cars in the process.
TESLA MOTORS FINANCE & ACCOUNTING
Tesla Motors hires highly qualified and dedicated individuals. We keep teams small, so each team member must be among the most gifted in his or her field. The people we seek could work anywhere they want and tend to be the most highly prized by their employer.
- You must have a genuine passion for electric vehicles and electric propulsion systems. Without passion, you would find what we're trying to do too difficult.
- You must thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company.
- We are building real products -- not presentations: This must excite you.
We offer a competitive salary, meaningful stock ownership, benefits, a fun work environment and the opportunity to change the paradigm of human transportation.
Description of the Financial Analyst role
Tesla Motors is looking to hire a Financial Analyst to support one of the company's manufacturing organization with work including financial planning & analysis, financial modeling, project management, strategic analysis, and financial reporting. Specifically, he or she will apply a strong knowledge of financial management to facilitate decision-making by the company's senior leadership. This position will report to the company's Manufacturing Finance Manager and will split time between Palo Alto, CA and Fremont, CA.
Duties will be assigned and prioritized based on the company's evolving needs and will be, but are not limited to:
- Execution of rigorous analysis on the financial and operating metrics of the company; provide strategic insights, hypotheses, and supported conclusions based on that analysis
- Understand how the product relates to global strategic issues and use that understanding to drive tactical decisions and effectively relate to the other functions and leaders in the company
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures
- Manage the continued development of financial modeling and decision-making tools
- Develop ad-hoc financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives and requests from senior management
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
- Interact with company executives with poise and professionalism
- Bachelor's Degree from a top 25 university
- Ability to read and interpret financial statements
- Excellent financial modeling skills
- Ability to work independently, detail-oriented, and execution focused
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|