Global Alliance Manager Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Global Alliance Manager
Foster City, CA
Guidewire is growing our Alliances team to meet the demand for our new products and partnerships globally. We need a gifted, Global Alliance Manager to partner closely with our external partners as well as our Sales, Services, and Sales Consulting teams internally to meet our global sales demand.
As a Global Alliance Manager, you will develop and manage global and regional partnerships, enable Partner Sales teams, foster account level relationships with Guidewire Sales teams, and discover new opportunities for Guidewire market expansion. You should develop and drive a global strategic alliance with a Global Systems Integrator (SI) to generate incremental revenue for Guidewire.
Some of the experience we seek â€"
- A strong foundation in global partner relationship development and management with a proven track record with working with a large SI;
- Comfortable in being the go-to-person within Guidewire for all SI related matters. You have three tasks initially; one, master the internal team for business development and customer acquisition and success within Sales, Sales Consulting, Alliances, and Services; two, learn the intricacies of the Guidewire value proposition and the materials available to evangelize its message and meaning to prospects; and three, originate and develop third party SI relationships and strengthen their sales and delivery success;
- Ideally you will have a background at a major ERP software development company that has sold globally to established and emerging markets as an Alliance or Partner resource plus potentially experience within a major global Systems Integrator;
- Demonstrate both business acumen and technical aptitude to listen and speak at all levels internally and externally in sales and execution functions.
What sets Guidewire's team apart?
We prize clear, rational and collaborative communications plainly based on logic, total commitment to quality, and to making decisions based on factual evidence. Since a large portion of our team is dispersed throughout the world, your ability to communicate by written, oral and collaborative communications is required. We especially value teamwork in Alliances. We architected the team to work as a unit and not only as individual contributors. Your ability to get along and synthesize with your teammates is paramount to your success here.
Who is Guidewire Software?
Our customers are insurance companies, and insurance software is surprisingly complex, difficult to get right, and actually a lot of fun to work on. Demand for our software is on the rise. Our newest offering, Guidewire Live, offers our customers an opportunity to share large problems with the greater Guidewire community and access shared Third Party applications. With an emphasis on high availability, highly secure, and practically follow the sun service level agreements, Guidewire has robust product offerings.
What will I be doing ideally?
- Become the go-to-person for all SI related matters by mastering the complexity of the SI organizations and penetrating their global leadership network;
- Work in tandem with Guidewire management team to formulate and execute a strategy to establish a win-win partnership between Guidewire and the SI;
- A key area of concentration is to develop and maintain senior-level executive relationships between Guidewire and the SI;
- Analyze and determine how best to ensure that the SI is well-versed and knowledgeable about Guidewire's value propositions and messages;
- Further our partnership philosophy to reinforce and establish rules of engagement between Guidewire and the SI;
- During sales pursuits, you will shepherd the respective SI constituents through Guidewire's software sales cycles ensuring value-add to Guidewire's sales process;
- Work with SI and Guidewire sales teams to create account-specific and regional-specific go-to-market plans and co-sell strategies, and keep the internal teams regularly updated on progress and updates;
- Learn the SI and influence their SI global services team to build a â€œGuidewire practiceâ€ to support Guidewire business and implementations;
- Provide insight into their dedicated team resources and work with the SI and Guidewire's services team to ensure 100% customer satisfaction and project success including but not limited to writing SOWs, Training, and Governance. You will maintain close monitoring on all agreements with partners and negotiate agreements related to NDAs, Teaming, Reseller, Referral, etc) between the two companies.
- Within Guidewire, you will work with Guidewire Marketing to leverage SI's vast marketing resources.
- Ideally the Global Alliance Manager will increase revenue from the alliance. This may include enabling them to originate new business and encouraging them to be more business development ready and resourceful. In addition you will manage several implementation partners globally.
Our hiring is as methodical, rational and stringent as our Development standardsâ€¦so here are a few of our favorite things.
- 10+ years experience in enterprise software business.
- Demonstrated track record of strong career progression preferably at a high growth software development company in a global capacity.
- Former leadership role in developing and managing a global alliance relationship.
- Demonstrated success working in a hybrid distribution sales model (direct sales, channel sales, alliance activity, telesales, and marketing)
- Solid expertise in mastering a complex technical sales and services' product offering.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and strong global network.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail
- Responsive, self-motivated, professional, enthusiastic, team-oriented, and ethical character traits.
What about Personal Attributes?
We live and operate by three basic principles. These are the same principles upon which Guidewire was founded and they remain at the heart of all we do today:
- We value integrity in everything that we do-- truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other.
- We are dedicated to rationality-- communicating through clear arguments, building excellent quality products, and making decisions carefully on the basis of factual evidence.
- We prize collegiality-- working together as professional equals, with a minimum of hierarchy.
What's in it for me otherwise?
We know that people work based on incentives so we have a scalable compensation policy. We pay base, performance incentives, and restricted stock units. Now that we are a public company, you can not only participate in profit sharing but in the equity distribution of our mutual outcome. Given that Guidewire was a top performing IPO in 2012, we are confident that you will appreciate this strategy.
As a team, our mission is to provide distinguished consulting and support services to prospects, partners, and customers which result in 100 percent reference-able customers which guides us in all that we do.
Guidewire has pursued one mission from its founding as a company in 2001: to be the pre-eminent provider of next-generation core systems -- policy, claims, and billing -- to the global property-casualty (general) industry. All of our employees understand that we serve only one industry and strive to solve one problem: to enable insurance carriers to migrate completely from legacy systems to a modern core system platform. We have recruited extensively among experts in the industry to ensure that we learn from veterans of insurance system design and implementation. Today, insurance experience is pervasive throughout the Guidewire organization, especially in our Product Management and Implementation Services groups. The company is headquartered in Foster City, California, US with offices in London, Dublin, Paris, Munich, Sydney, Toronto, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and operations in Poland and mainland China. Guidewire is owned by its employees and is also publicly traded on the NYSE EURO under the call sign GWRE.
||Foster City, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services