GSO-PSO-003-10-28-09 Systems Administrator Plateau Systems
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Description:
Plateau is seeking a Systems Administrator to support the Hosting Services Organization which is responsible for the 24 x 7 On Demand delivery of the Plateau suite of applications.
The person applying for the role of Hosting System Administrator is expected to install, configure, tune, monitor and troubleshoot all production, staging and training application and web servers as well as the applications running on them.
Job Duties include:
- Management of all hosted web applications
- Monitoring and optimizing the performance of these applications
- Working with the other system and database administrators in the hosting group and with their customers in maintaining the hosted applications
- Researching, evaluating, installing, configuring new tools and processes to facilitate all aspects of hosting
- Application technical installation, configuration, support, upgrades as necessary
- Application and Web Server installation, configuration and support
- Recovery of the hosted applications in the event of a hardware or software failure
- Troubleshooting and correcting application problems where appropriate
- Ensure monitoring and reporting on all hosted servers (may include memory, disk space, log file analysis, cleanup, etc)
- Maintaining system security policy, including firewalls, host and client access, file permissions, user accounts, etc.
- Batch loading of data into official production database tables from approved data files, etc. given by development staff of vendors of applications
- Ensuring the data loaded into database tables is as accurate as the data source
- Exporting data out of the database on demand by customer
- 2+ years Unix system administration and J2EE application experience
- Experience with Oracle 9i, WebLogic 8.1, Apache, Solaris, Linux, Windows
- Experience with Linux, Solaris shell scripting
- Performance analysis and tuning
- Exposure to data import, export, SQL scripting
- Exposure to Oracle 10gAS a plus
- Strong problem solving skills
- Works effectively with a minimum of direction
- Willingness and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness and ability to handle firecall duties
- US Citizenship is required
- Must be able to qualify for/obtain a US government clearance.
||4401 Wilson Boulevard |
Arlington, VA 22203
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED