Implementation Consultant (Entry Level) Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Guidewire Software delivers proven, modern software to run mission-critical insurance operations, including policy administration, claims, and billing. Guidewire has over thirty customers in six countries on four continents, including some of the largest insurance companies in the United States, Canada, Australia, and Russia. Guidewire PolicyCenter, Guidewire ClaimCenter, and Guidewire BillingCenter provide a comprehensive, modern platform for insurance operations. Guidewire was recently ranked the #1 developer of underwriting, policy, and claims systems in a US Insurer survey of insurance company CIOs and CTOs. Guidewire has a highly satisfied customer base and an established track record of successful customer implementations.
The Guidewire Professional Services organization includes business analysts, functional consultants, and technical integration consultants who work together to implement Guidewire applications at customer sites. Our projects are complex and can last from three months to two years depending on the specific customer requirements. During a project, the team will identify customer business requirements, configure the Guidewire application to meet those requirements, and integrate the Guidewire application to other internal or external systems. Guidewire implementation consultants are expected to spend the majority of their time on site with the client business and technical teams. Guidewire employs a flexible travel model that requires consultants to be on site four days per week and away from home three nights per week. Consultants work the fifth day from their home office.
Guidewire applications are highly configurable to the requirements of each client, and require a thorough understanding of the objectives and requirements of the client. Key activities for functional consultants include:
- receive extensive training on Guidewire's products
- work with Guidewire and client business teams to understand business objectives and integration requirements
- contribute to requirement and functional design documentation
- configure the Guidewire products to solve customer business challenges
- test configurations against use cases
The position requires a unique blend of technical aptitude, business savvy, and communication skills.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or similar degree
- Must have strong verbal skills to communicate with non-technical resources
- Must take initiative, be a decisive decision-maker and show confidence in decisions made
- Must be able to take strategic direction from executive management and participate in strategic planning activites throughout the lifetime of the project
- Must be able to see tasks through to completion without significant guidance
- Must have the ability to solve complex technical problems and understand when to escalate issues
- Flexible, enthusiastic approach to work including a strong desire to learn
- Background as a Systems Analyst/Technical Consultant working with Fortune 500 customers
- Prior business process and configuration experience with configurable software such as Peoplesoft, Siebel, or SAP.
- Experience with n-tier web architected solutions
- Knowledge of policy, billing, or claim processes within an insurance company.
||United States, PA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services