Inside Sales Manager, Public Sector Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
We are seeking an exceptional sales leader to join our Public Sector team as Inside Sales Manager. This position reports to the VP Public Sector. In addition to requisite passion, skills and experience, the successful candidate will have a measurable track record in building and managing high performing inside sales teams. This individual will play a key role in driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Directly manage the inside sales team and work closely with outside sales management and account managers
- Consistently deliver aggressive license revenue targets â€" commitment to the number and to deadlines
- Player/coach: Hands on with the team; very involved with sales calls, territory/opportunity management, and strategy
- Responsible for accurately forecasting on a weekly, quarterly and annual basis. This will require, but not be limited to holding weekly forecast reviews and deal strategy sessions
- Support VP Public Sector in implementing strategic initiatives and promoting a high energy, high activity environment
- Work with partners for maximum effectiveness and territory expansion
- Leverage sales engineering in house as well as partner services resources
- Hire, train, retain the right team to match our growth
- Good corporate citizen â€" two way flow of relevant and timely information; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly product management and marketing
- Write performance reviews for direct reports and present to the ISR's
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- 5+ years' experience building and running inside sales teams; ability to grow and scale upward with the company; second line management experience a plus
- 10+ years direct and channel selling experience to public sector
- Forecasting commitments and forecasting accuracy
- Exceptional management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment
- Relevant software industry experience in IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management
- Use CRM systems (Sales Force) extensively
Education: Got it! Minimum of a Bachelor's degree
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED