Lead iOS Engineer Demand Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Lead iOS Engineer
Engineering | Santa Monica, CA, United States
Demand Media (NYSE:DMD) informs, entertains and connects millions of people every day. Through a portfolio of vertical web properties reaching more than 100 million monthly visitors, a global network of digital partners, and a breakthrough content studio, Demand Media publishes what the world wants to know and share. Join the company that is shaping the future of media â€" how it's created, consumed and shared!
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is as diverse, adventurous and open-minded as the content we create for the world. We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers.
We're looking for ambitious, driven, self-starters who want to be on the leading edge of innovation in online media and technology. This position is located in Santa Monica, CA.
Cracked.com is the web's fastest growing and most addictive humor site with over 15 million monthly visitors. Our content and site features bring users back every day to discover new information and connect with other users in our passionate community.
We are looking for a mobile app developer to lead the development and maintenance of iOS & Android apps. The developer will work closely with the business owners, product management and the Cracked.com engineering team during the entire product lifecycle, from concept stage until delivery and post launch support. We're looking to build fun, innovative apps that fit the voice and content of Cracked.com. The job is based in Santa Monica, California.
- Work directly with the Cracked engineering team and product management team to conceptualize, build, test and release apps
- Work alongside the web developers to create and maintain a robust framework to support the apps
- Work directly with developers and product managers throughout the entire app life cycle from concept, design, development, testing and release
- Build prototypes at tech scoping stage of projects
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in the mobile technologies
- Attend industry events/conferences
Desired but not required:
- 3+ years of mobile application development experience
- Experience with iOS, Objective C or Cocoa Touch, Android APIs and frameworks
- Proficiency in Objective C, Java and preferably also in C/C++, Swing, etc.
- Experience building complex iOS & Android apps that have been successfully released to the marketplace
- Fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis
- Self-starter; oriented towards over-delivering to expectations instead of delivering / meeting expectations
- Must be a committed team player and able to work independently with minimal guidance
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast pace environment where business priorities can change quickly
- Exceptional analytical aptitude and attention to deal
- Good organizational and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong passion for learning and creating new products and features
- Experience with Git, MySQL, XML, JSON, SQLLite and Web Services
- Experience with OpenGL
- Experience with or have a strong interest in building apps across major mobile platforms
- Experience with TestFlight
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Monica, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED