Infor Job Posting
Infor is the third largest provider of enterprise applications and services, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, using ground-breaking technology that delivers a rich user experience, and flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises or both. For additional information, visit
JOB POSITION: Lead Software Application Engineer
JOB LOCATION: St Paul, MN
JOB SUMMARY: The Sr. Software Applications Engineer has the ability to perform engineering tasks in software development and the responsibilities include analysis, design, programming, unit and integration testing of new or existing products/systems. Sr. Software Applications Engineer must have the ability to execute systems development projects with minimal technical direction. The Systems Software Engineer must be able to produce high quality, high performance software that meets company's software development standards.
(90%) Codes, tests, and debugs programs using current coding standards including:
· Designs, develops, and prepares technical documents for Infor HCM suite of products
· Translates design into code following company standards for product quality and maintainability
· Promotes code to all supported development lines
· Performs maintenance on existing products.
· Obtains peer review of the code.
· Performs unit tests, regression tests, and system tests.
· Works with Business Analysts to document the final implementation of the design.
· Provides analysis of current program functionality.
· Performs code improvements to eliminate program errors while maintaining application functionality.
· Recommends design alternatives to enhance the performance and functionality of application software.
· Develops and maintains a thorough knowledge of the Infor HCM Applications supported by their department.
· Develops and maintains knowledge of tools used in the software development environment.
· Develops and maintains knowledge of current software development technologies, computer systems, and industry trends.
· Understands basic customer business processes applicable to the application.
· May determine methods and procedures used on new assignments.
· Translates the System Requirement Specifications into detailed technical design
· Obtains review and approval of the technical design document before proceeding to implementation
· Designs quality application programs using various development methodologies
· Analyzes and prepares technical requirements for new development and current products.
(10%) Works with a team
· Interacts with peers, other organizations, clients and vendors in a professional manner.
· Provides complete, reliable and prompt information to management.
· Understands and commits to organizational goals.
· Volunteers experience and expertise to help others.
· Works cooperatively and supportively within a team environment.
· Mainly seen as a contributor on individual work products.
· Contributes to the team's work products.
· Provides programming estimates and programming status updates.
· Performs code reviews.
· Mentors team members.
· Performs code reviews
· Participates in the evolution/implementation of product development processes and tools.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· A Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
· 4-5 years of programming experience in Microsoft technologies.
· Proficient problem solving, interviewing and fact finding skills.
· Strong analytical and technical skills.
· Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong experience with the product development life cycle, programming principles and classroom level exposure to a variety of programming languages (at least one), techniques and platforms
· 3+ Experience with web-based concepts and languages
· 3+ years of programming experience using SQL server, including data modeling, TSQL and Stored Procedures
· 3+ years' experience in XML and XSLT
· Programming experience with Data access technologies like ADO.Net, OLEDB, ODBC
· Strong experience of .Net, VB.Net, and C#
· Strong Experience with IIS programming interfaces like ASP.Net
· Familiarity with Familiarity with general LDAP and Networking programming, esp Active Directory, AD LDS
· Familiarity with Windows Identity Framework, ADFS, SAML and WS-Federation
· Familiarity with general security domain concepts (cryptography, access control, integrity)
· Knowledge of source code management and configuration
· Strong knowledge of relational database concepts
· Strong time management skills
· Experience in leading development projects
· Software development experience