Manager, Business Development Sterling Planet
The Manager, Business Development is an essential part of the growing the Business Development team at Sterling Planet. Candidates should anticipate working in a dynamic environment interacting with all levels of management. Previous experience in sales and knowledge of the sustainable marketplace is desired.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Generate revenue for company by reaching out to potential clients and business leads.
- Demonstrated initiative and intelligence, with the ability to think quickly, promote a variety of diverse products and services, respond to off-the-cuff questions, and overcome objections.
- Capacity to work independently combined with the ability to thrive in a team environment and a desire to help your teammates excel and succeed. Strong ethics and professional demeanor required.
- Handle client relationship from lead to close of sale, and provide follow up service for client retention.
- Finds leads and organize business opportunities with appropriate contact within potential client organizations.
- Sets up meetings with clients, complete proposals and RFPs, train and educate potential clients and the marketplace.
- Organizes trade shows, book all aspects of travel related to shows, work the booth at events and shows.
- Develops and streamlines marketing and sales pitches.
- Creates individual presentations for clients, and provides added value opportunities for clients.
- Identifies, analyzes and evaluates business opportunities.
- All employees are required to meet or exceed quarterly or yearly goals as established with their supervisors.
- Consistently maintains and utilizes CRM software.
- Contribute to marketing efforts such as blogs, case studies and white papers.
- Other business development tasks as required.
- Bachelors degree from a 4-year University strongly preferred.
- Relevant educational experience in business, marketing, or environmental services preferred.
- 1-3 years sales experience desired, including 1-2 years of high-volume telephone cold calling experience with demonstrated success in lead-to-sale conversion.
- Experienced in gaining product knowledge and presentation ability.
- Experience with SAP CRM is highly desirable.
- Interest in or personal commitment to environmental sustainability preferred.
Personal Conduct, Skills & Abilities:
- Self-starter with an ability to make decisions.
- Proficient in the use of office computer applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP CRM). - Strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Able to interface well with all levels of management.
- Attentive to detail and committed to accuracy.
- Demonstrate ability to conduct a broad range of analyses, independently selecting proper techniques and making correct interpretations and appropriate recommendations based on the results obtained.
- Proactive in problem identification and resolution: a team player, a willingness to take responsibility, a positive, enthusiastic attitude; flexibility.
- Able to handle multiple projects with competing demands.
- Behave with respect, honesty, and integrity in all responsibilities and in dealings with customers, coworkers and vendors.
- Commitment to the company values of fiscal, social and environmental stewardship.
||3295 River Exchange Drive |
Norcross, GA 30092