Medical Payment Processing Specialist / Payment Poster Source Medical Solutions
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Description
Recently ranked by Healthcare Informatics as one of the Top 100 Healthcare IT companies, SourceMedical provides outpatient information solutions and services for ambulatory surgery centers, surgical hospitals, practices, and rehabilitation clinics.
With a 20-year track record and more than 6,000 satisfied customers, SourceMedical is the trusted source for innovative applications, in-depth industry expertise and unsurpassed customer service. The company?s unique, end-to-end systems improve operational efficiency and cash flow while enabling healthcare facilities to capture, analyze and exchange data to deliver a higher standard of patient care. Check out our website at www.sourcemed.net to learn more about us.
SourceMedical is currently seeking a Payment Processing Specialist (AKA Payment Poster) for its Rome, GA location.
Summary of Position:
As Payment Processing Specialist, you will be a key member of the SourceMedical Billing Services team with the key responsibility of ensuring all medical payments received by mail, electronic downloads or telephone are applied to patient accounts in a timely and accurate manner. You will also be maintaining daily balancing reports and submit reports to Client Accountant as specified by contracts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Post insurance, Electronic Funds Transfers and patient payments daily.
2. Prepare balancing reports and submit to accounting on a daily basis.
3. Fax payment reports to Extended Business Office weekly and assist as needed with account information or clarification.
4. Provide service to customers and clients.
5. Assume responsibility for staying updated on changes to Managed Care contracts and fee schedules.
6. Advise Team Leader and/or Patient Account Manager of denied charges, rejected claims or other issues that affect reimbursement.
7. Print secondary insurance claims and mail with primary EOB to appropriate individual/office and address as needed.
8. Insure pay corrections are completed prior to month end closing.
9. Document all collection efforts in RMT in a dated, clear and accurate manner to insure others can follow documentation.
10. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
--Previous experience in insurance, medical billing or collections or a medical setting.
--General knowledge of internet navigation and research, e-mail, fax transmissions and copy equipment.
--Must have a High school diploma or GED.
--Must be able to type minimum of 50WMP.
--Limited travel is required.
SourceMedical offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package and an opportunity for growth in an emerging company.
||Rome, GA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED