Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
Participates and assumes a leadership role in all manufacturing activities such as plastic injection molding, machine operations, sonic welding, heat staking, robotic painting and plastic part assemblies.
- Properly set up of all plastic injection molding machines, painting robots and secondary equipment.
- Performing set up, start up, and troubleshooting of injection molding machines, paint robots & systems.
- Maintaining appearance and performance of plastic injection molding machines & paint processes.
- Coordinate interdepartmental workflow, while interacting with personnel in other departments.
- Enforce all company, quality, and safety standards.
- Work with Management to define a production ramp strategy to support business growth.
- Maintains knowledge of machine/robot capacity and develops solutions for efficient utilization.
- Prepares required reports and correspondence.
- Ensures approved manufacturing methodologies and quality standards are being followed.
- Maintains general responsibility for production facilities, resources, and safety targets.
- Works directly with different departments to assure efficient introduction of new model parts/processes.
- Identifies, collaborates, documents, and implements opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Motive production staff by displaying a position outlook and a â€œcan-doâ€ mentality.
- Ability to behave responsibly yet decisively.
- Plastic injection molding & automotive painting experience.
- Ability to grasp and communicate complex concepts easily.
- Detail-oriented and exceptionally thorough.
- Excellent planning, trouble-shooting, and organizational skills.
- Ability to be an effective leader in motivating co-workers, colleagues and others.
- Patient, good listener, and able to operate in a systematic and logical manner.
- Must be self-motivated and display professional integrity consistently.
- Must be comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment that requires ownership of results.
- Software skills: Word, Excel Power Point, ERP software, Autocad
- 2 or 4 year college degree preferred.
- 3-5 years manufacturing related experience or equivalent.
- Familiarity with paint applications, plastic molding, and component assembly techniques a plus.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.