Network Engineer Layered Technologies
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED LayeredTech, is highly regarded for its complex managed hosting capabilities. The company?s unique value centers on a solid foundation of data security knowledge and proactive support from a dedicated team of experts. It has top-tier data centers around the world and 8,000 servers under management.
The Network Engineer 2 position is responsible for network security, access, uptime, and phone support for 200+ users in LT?s corporate infrastructure. Users are in diverse locations with significant numbers working remotely and from home offices. Providing seamless network architecture support to all user business activities will be a critical part of this position. In addition to support activities, major architecture development projects to consolidate and simplify services are expected which require significant technical leadership from this position.
- Support and grow corporate network architecture to support current and future business needs
- Support and lead projects concerning the corporate Asterisk based phone system.
- Research and document new products and tools; interact with vendors on ongoing basis for the purpose of investigating new equipment and services
- Performs complex engineering, design, implementation and maintenance tasks on the LAN and/or WAN
- Makes recommendations to management on desirable additions and development
- Continually plan for the expansion of the Layered Tech network
- Design, Support and Simplify corporate VPN access networks.
- Proven incident and problem solving (troubleshooting) skills with an emphasis on a timely resolution
- Ability to work well in team environment
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills
- Technical certifications in areas of expertise (CCNP, CCDP, CCIE, CCDE,CCNA)
- Self-motivated, directed and passionate
- Ability to learn very quickly in a fast paced environment
- 3+ year experience in engineering IP networks
- Experience in services such as L2VPN, L3VPN and VPLS etc.
- Excellent knowledge of Cisco IOS
- Excellent knowledge of servers, switches, routers, and various network services
- Excellent knowledge of Asterisk phone platform
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities, commitments and projects
- Previous Networking support experience in enterprise, IT or service provider environment
- Experience diagnosing complex issues through packet capture analysis tools (Wireshark, tcpdump, snoop, Sniffer Pro)
- Hands on experience including but not limited to:
Cisco routers and switches
Firewall technologies (Cisco ASAs)
Server Load balancer configurations and support (F5, Cisco ACE, Foundry Server Iron etc.)
- Cisco Technology Expertise
- VPN management capabilities
- Asterisk phone system support.
- Microsoft Systems familiarity
Education / Experience
Bachelor?s Degree or equivalent education in related fields / or 2-5 years? experience in related field
3+ year experience with Enterprise level networking
Cisco or other networking tech certifications preferred
||Kansas City, MO |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED