Network Technician DirectPointe
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Role
DirectPointe Support Services provides 7x24x365 monitoring and support for a broad range of client environments. The role of Network Technician is responsible for proactive monitoring of data networks and resolution of data communication issues in a timely manner. This role is also responsible for proper tracking and reporting of alarms, as well as documentation of tasks and services provided to resolve issues. The Network Technician role is responsible for mentoring other support personnel to provide cross-functional coverage and increase skill sets within the department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Using our best of breed tools, the network technician will provide remote network surveillance, troubleshooting and problem resolution of the LAN/WAN infrastructure, including routers, firewalls, switches and wireless routers.
- Provide assistance to Support Services Tier I, Tier II and Field Service technicians for network, firewall, and VPN issues while working with the resources to train them to be as self-sufficient as possible.
- Assist in developing and implementing security policies for company and client networks.
- Establish guidelines for and perform network audits for clients and participate in quarterly network security audits on internal networks.
- Perform quality control functions on all DirectPointe and client network devices.
- Create and maintain Knowledgebase articles relating to network troubleshooting, design and support.
- Serve on the on-call rotation.
- Provide quality documentation on DirectPointe and client networks.
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of a network configuration management process.
- May provide on-site support for new and renewal client installations.
- May review network architecture in sales proposals, or provide network design services.
- Respond to service requests and escalations within established SLA/OLAs
- Maintain 90 client satisfaction on support sessions
- Answer 95 of phone calls within 45 seconds
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Experience: 1-4 years responsibility for network infrastructure in a internal environment or an external support role. Experience troubleshooting complex networks. Experience with SonicWall preferred.
Education: 2-4 years of college or industry training.
Certifications: CompTIA A+ and CCNA required, CCNP preferred.
Interpersonal Skills: Must possess the ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and clients verbally and through written communication. Must be able to work in a team environment as well as independently without close supervision.
Other Skills: Ability to multi-task many requests in an organized and timely manner. Experience with Cisco, HP, SonicWall devices. IPsec, RADUIS, EIGRP, OSPF, TCP/IP and the OSI model.
||333 South 520 West |
Lindon, UT 84042
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED