NOC Analyst Demand Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
IT | Kirkland, WA, United States
- Continual observation of Demand Media's monitoring systems. Effectively respond to enterprise alerts from all platforms by following documented procedures that instruct troubleshooting, resolution or escalation steps.
- Responsible for meeting SLA's (Service Level Agreements) and OLA's (Operational Level Agreements).
- Effectively document alert, impact and action taken in the respective enterprise ticketing system.
- Work independently to identify system, application, hardware, or network problems. Take corrective action when needed and refer more complex issues to higher level support groups using established escalation procedures.
- Effectively notify Business Units and IT Management of Production impacting incidents.
- Possess technical skills and knowledge; be able to apply those skills to business impacting problems.
- Maintain Production Operations documentation and procedures.
- Suggests changes and improvements to standards, procedures, and other work tools and creates new procedure documentation as needed.
- Ensure all documented processes, procedures, and SLA's are adhered to.
- Update and maintain operator activity/turnover/run logs and responsible ticketing queue.
- Maintain maintenance calendar
- Perform and document end of shift processes for daily review.
- Follow established procedures for tickets queued in Enterprise Ticketing System. Complete tasks required to maintain service levels and availability.
- Responsible for maintaining Data Center standards and Disaster Recovery procedures during Disaster Recovery Events
- Enforce system and data access policies.
- Responsible as a team to ensure system uptime and incident response; allows IT to meet or exceed service levels negotiated with the various business units.
- Work closely with internal support groups and external vendors to identify, resolve, or coordinate the resolution of Network, System, and Application related problems and issues.
- Work effectively and professionally with other team members; be able to learn from and share knowledge with others.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
We are an equal opportunity employer M/F.
- 2 years working in a 7x24x365 Operations Center (NOC/SOC) preferred.
- 2 years practical/professional W2k/2003 server experience preferred.
- 1 year practical/professional Linux or UNIX server experience preferred.
- Understanding of current web facing technologies; specifically e-mail (SMTP, POP3, IMAP), web servers (IIS, Apache), and DNS.
- Independent problem solver with proven technical problem solving experience.
- Experience with network, application and system troubleshooting, monitoring tools, and responding to alarm conditions, and escalation processes and procedures.
- Ability to independently multi-task, prioritize and resolve urgent issues.
- Process-oriented with high attention to detail.
- Ability to triage a problem quickly and provide on-call engineers critical information in a clear, concise and quick manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally with all levels within the organization.
- Maintain high degree of self-motivation and independent decision making.
<< Back to Current Openings
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED