Opto-Mechanical Engineer OEwaves
The Opto-Mechanical Engineer will design, test and analyze performance of micro-optical components and assemblies, as well as assist in development of new systems and improvement of existing systems.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Develops component, sub-system and system specifications.Designs opto-mechanical systems and assemblies for laser systems, or more complex systems.
- Designs basic test setups, test protocols, and reports.
- Performs data collection and analysis related to the performance of optical components and assemblies.
- Communicates constructively with other engineering specialists, non-specialists and suppliers to facilitate process and product development and improvement.
- Communicates with suppliers for the creation of pre-production prototype parts.Performs verification testing related to opto-mechanical components and assemblies.
- Supports Manufacturing and QA in solving production problems related to manufacturing processes, component design, and assembly structure as needed.
- Reviews and corrects technical documentation as needed.
- Under supervision, conducts training for the Quality Assurance and Manufacturing personnel on issues related to optical and mechanical components or assemblies.
- Masters or EQUIVALENT of Mechanical/Optical Engineering
- 3 to 5 Years of Experience
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Proficiency in Comsol, Solidworks and Zemax
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced, changing environment
- Ability to problem solve under pressure
- Ability to build strong business relationships with various levels of customers
- Strong work ethic with the capacity to work independently as well as part of a team
- Experience with micro-optics is a strong plus
- US Citizenship required
||1010 East Union Street |
Pasadena, CA 91106