OSP Network Construction Engineer Tower Cloud
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Job Description:
Manage outside plant contractors for OSP Engineering, OSP construction and cell site compound preparation. Coordinate third party fiber providers and splicing requirements. Provide direction and documentation to field personnel. Develop schedules. Work with property owners and tower management companies to resolve issues. Act as the liaison between Operations and contractor for quality and accurate fiber delivery.
As part of the Engineering team, OSP Network Construction Engineer provides total support for all pre and post-sales functions required in fiber builds for Ethernet Backhaul. The applicant is expected to design and help implement fairly complex fiber infrastructure from the cell sites to the switch sites. This is an individual with a significant depth of expertise in OSP fiber engineering, construction and fiber vendor management.
- Being the Subject Matter Expert in the design and implementation of fiber optic networks
- Developing fiber route drawings with detailed splicing instructions (FUD)
- Coordinating 3rd party OSP Engineering, Construction and Splicing activity to meet service delivery schedule
- Managing the completion of Outside Plan Engineering packages and procurement of equipment
- Participating in OSP service provider contracts reviews to ensure specifications and standards are included
- Administering construction permit process to minimize delays
- Managing fiber service providers to ensure services are delivered on time and in compliance of the contracted services
- Reviewing OTDR test results to ensure fiber is ready for acceptance and service
- Coordinating and managing compound construction activity to prepare the site for installation of fiber optic equipment
- Providing technical support during equipment turn-up phase
- Providing 3rd level support to the field and NOC personnel during an outage
Successful applicant must have significant OSP fiber network design experience. Considerable experience in OSP construction standards, practices, municipal permit processes and contractor management is also required especially relating to the buried fiber optic cable installations. The applicant will have the capacity to provide leadership and direction to field personnel. The ability to document fiber utilization and splicing records is a requirement of the position. The applicant must have experience working with drawing programs such as Visio, AutoCAD and Excel. Familiarity with mapping software such as OSP Insite, MapInfo, and Delorme will be a plus. Applicant should be a self-starter and be able to work independently or in teams with minimal supervision. Applicant should have excellent written/oral communication and presentation skills in addition to be able to coordinate large projects independently and in teams.
Bachelor?s degree in engineering with 5 years of experience in OSP Construction Management fiber installation preferred, or 7 to 10 years with related experience. Proficient with PCs and Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, etc.) Experience using AutoCAD or Visio.
?Tower Cloud?s bet is paying off. Since the company was founded in 2006, it has connected its network to 219 sites in Orlando, FL and Miami, FL, seventy percent of which are fiber. ?
-Sean Buckley, Editor, FierceTelecom
?The demand for mobile backhaul in the U.S. market will increase 9.7 times between 2011 and 2016, fueled by growing data demands and the move to faster networks.?
-iGR Study, U.S. Mobile Backhaul Forecast: 2011-2016
Copyright 2012 Tower Cloud
||100 Second Avenue South |
Suite 500 South
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED