Area Sales Manager- Chicago Vocera Communications
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Area Sales Manager (ASM) is Vocera's primary sales representative responsible for qualifying sales opportunities, developing sales pipeline, managing the sales cycle and achieving revenue goals, assisting with the development and execution of the company's strategies for acquiring net-new customers, expanding the presence within the existing customer base and communicating sales activity and progress to senior staff. The ASM manages all sales activities into accounts within a geographically-defined territory.
The ASM will lead a cross-functional sales team that will diagnose the customer's business problem(s) and articulate the Vocera value proposition to the appropriate stakeholders throughout all stages of the sales process. In addition, the ASM will be responsible for developing account plans to further penetrate and extend the reach of the Vocera as an enterprise-wide solution within the assigned base of existing customers.
The ASM will develop executive relationships as well as all other key stakeholders influencing with key decision-makers and influencers and leverage these during the sales process. Coordinate with appropriate internal and external groups to generate and close business opportunities. The ASM will conduct negotiations n contract terms and conditions to complete all business transactions.
- Identifies, qualifies and close new customer sales opportunities to generate sales revenues that meet or exceed assigned goals
- Develops strategic account plans for customer in their assigned territory
- Conducts introductory and high-level presentations including the demonstration of Vocera solution
- Dedicates the preponderance of time in face-to-face and/or direct communication with customers and prospects
- Forecasts business and sales pipeline as required, updating management on the status of all prospects, in-process sales cycles and potential revenue
- Conducts continuous prospecting activities and build a sales pipeline sufficient to support achievement of sales revenue goals
- Leads the sales team through focused planning and communication through the successful execution of the sales cycle
- Delivers timely technical and administrative product and solution information to create long-term, on-going business relationships and set the stage for future opportunities
- Identifies and qualifies end-user opportunities
- Travels throughout assigned territory and beyond, as required
Education, Skills & Experience
- BA/BS degree; advanced degree a plus but not required
- Eight to ten years of relevant enterprise-scales sales experience in technology, software (clinical systems or other business applications), or wireless communications
- Hospital and/or healthcare industry experience (highly preferred)
- Proven track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding sales performance metrics: i.e., quotas, pipeline, forecast accuracy, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing complex sales cycles typically defined as six months or longer with multiple stakeholders, decision-makers and influencers at multiple levels
- Track record of success by consistently exceeding performance metrics
- Experience (basic or advanced) with Salesforce.com, and virtual meeting and presentation tools, like WebEx, LiveMeeting, etc.
- Disciplined use of a formalized sales methodology; e.g., The Complex Sale, Target Account Selling, Power-Base Selling, etc., for opportunity planning and management
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills especially in the ability to present concepts and articulate business value
- Display effective interpersonal skills sufficient to build positive, productive, and effective professional working relationships, not limited to but with strong importance toward a consistent message and focus delivered to the overall Healthcare Systems' Corporate and Facility-level involvement
- Display a sense of creativity and innovation, with integrity and respect for others
Belief in Diversity
Vocera Communications is an Affirmative Action employer and is committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
||Chicago, IL |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED