Sr. Manager, Revenue Recognition Vocera Communications
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Sr. Manager, Revenue Recognition will work as part of the Finance team, leading sales activity billing, financial operation reporting and analysis of monthly sales activity. Additionally, the position will be directly involved in all aspects of revenue accounting, including interpretation of revenue recognition criteria and management of deferred revenue.
- Review revenue contracts for compliance with the company's revenue recognition policy and internal controls
- Plays an active role in the monthly close and reporting process assisting with preparation and review of revenue journal entries and account analysis in a multi-currency GL system.
- Assists in month and quarter end close, annual and quarterly audits, revenue and write-off analysis.
- Work with the Sales organization during contract negotiations on matters relating to revenue recognition
- Works closely with the billing and collection and sales operations to ensure compliance with the company's revenue recognition policy and facilitates revenue-related information exchange
- Advise the organization on appropriate order entry criteria for accurate revenue recognition of software transactions
- Provide training and guidance on revenue recognition rules, policies, and practices within the company
- Work with the company's external auditors, providing support and documentation for quarterly revenue audits
- Research accounting guidance as necessary to answer questions and analyze appropriate accounting treatment
- Assist with other accounting-related projects and tasks as requested by direct report
- Will manage and grow the team as the company continues to scale.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting
- 10+ years of progressive revenue accounting experience, preferably within the high tech industry. Previous leadership experience highly preferred.
- Experience reviewing complex contractual terms to determine appropriate revenue recognition.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a professional attitude and demeanor for interacting with internal and external customers
- Strong organizational skills, effective prioritization skills, the ability to remain flexible, and to perform multiple tasks in time critical situations
- Ability to deliver the highest standard of cross-departmental customer service
- Ability to recognize problems, gather data using multiple reports and data sources, draw valid conclusions, and effectively present information to peers and managers in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines.
- Organized and thorough with superb attention to detail and desire for continuous improvement.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word. Experience with graphs, pivot and lookup functions required.
Belief in Diversity
Vocera Communications is committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
||San Jose, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED