Pre-Sales Systems Engineer - Major Accounts Palo Alto Networks
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As a Palo Alto Networks Pre-Sales Systems Engineer you and your District Sales Manager will be responsible for presenting the Palo Alto Networks Next Generation Firewall solution to prospective customers, creating and delivering demonstrations of the products, gathering customer technical requirements, creating evaluation test plans with customers, and then managing the evaluation process to a successful conclusion. You will work closely with customers as their primary point of contact for feedback and resolution of issues, and will be the customers' advocate for issues that require assistance from the HQ TAC. You will also provide feedback to the Product Management team on new feature requests and product enhancements from your customer base.
Extensive domestic travel within the territory is required, International travel may be required as necessary.
Ideal candidates will have prior experience selling network infrastructure-based security appliances including but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies, Web Application Firewalls, and technologies such as Anti-Virus, IDS/IPS, Anti-Malware and Spam, and DLP. Candidates should also have practical experience working with routing and switching products that will be installed adjacent to the Palo Alto Networks appliances
- BSCS or equivalent and 8+ years of experience as an SE or systems integrator
- Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP, L4 Load balancing )
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and troubleshooting network infrastructure security products
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, often under duress
- Super organizational skills
- 'Whatever it takes' attitude and motivation to do whatever necessary [within ethical and â€œsmart businessâ€ boundaries] to assist in closing a deal
- An ability to see the big picture and solve problems in a holistic, non-linear fashion.
- An ability to empathize and understand customer issues and work as a partner in finding creative and long-lasting solutions.
- Prior startup experience being one of the first SEs into an organization
- Experience working with Channel partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach.
- Experience from companies in the enterprise networking security space.
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED