Principal Network Administrator A10 Networks
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Job description:
1. Ensure all LAN/WAN equipment are available and functional at all times for the
global end-users on a 24/7/365 basis including non-business hours.
2. Support and manage Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet, and A10 routers, switches, firewalls, remote access, wireless
and other network devices.
3. Provide preventative maintenance on network infrastructure.
4. Develop best practices, operational procedures and design documentation for business continuity.
5. Monitor and optimize network performance and assure network security in a high availability environment.
6. Create redundant, reliable, scalable network with fault tolerance, performance tuning, real-time
monitoring, data collection, and disaster recovery.
7. Deploy, support and maintain MPLS, IPsec Tunnel, SSL VPN, Firewall, and DNS.
8. Work with telecom providers to report, troubleshoot, and install WAN related issues.
9. Enforce and execute user policies and procedures regarding the use of network resources.
10. Conduct continuous process improvement and implement change management control process.
11. Provide capacity planning and hardware/software initiatives to management team.
1. minimum BS in Computer Science, Information Technology and Engineering with minimum 6 years working
experience in enterprise network related field. Prefer MS degree.
2. Preferred expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Active Directory.
3. Must possess a working knowledge of network security concepts (NTFS, authentication, Group Policy).
4. Highly motivated and have strong customer focus with the ability to interface with all levels of staff.
5. Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced and dynamic environment while keeping a
professional demeanor and strong work ethic.
6. Strong network engineering background in a TCP/IP MPLS WAN environment.
7. Requires the ability to sit at a desk and computer in a moderate noise level room for extended periods of
time and must be able to lift 22 pounds.
8. Ability to work in a team environment or independently with general guidelines.
9. Ability to comprehend and analyze problems then make judgment decisions and find solutions
10. Ability to respond quickly in emergency situations.
11. strong network troubleshooting skills.
12. Excellent organization, planning, documentation and communications skills.
13. Must be able and willing to work on special projects off hours as well as provide emergency on-call service
on a 24/7/365 basis.
14. Occasional travel required for remote work needs, training, or seminars.
||3 West Plumeria Drive |
San Jose, CA 95134
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED