Principal Software Engineer Demand Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Principal Software Engineer
Engineering | Austin, TX, United States
Title: Lead Software Engineer â€" Content Workflow Engine
Demand Media (NYSE:DMD) informs, entertains and connects millions of people every day. Through a portfolio of vertical web properties reaching more than 100 million monthly visitors, a global network of digital partners, and a breakthrough content studio, Demand Media publishes what the world wants to know and share. Join the company that is shaping the future of media â€" how it's created, consumed and shared!
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is as diverse, adventurous and open-minded as the content we create for the world. We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers.
We're looking for ambitious, driven, self-starters who want to be on the leading edge of innovation in online media and technology. This position is located in either Austin, TX or Santa Monica, CA.
We are actively seeking a principal engineering lead for our content creation and publishing systems.
You will lead an existing team, and augment with key hires to deliver constant leading edge extensions and updates to our system.
- Lead the architectural and technical development of our next generation distributed workflow engine.
- Prototype in Python, on a Linux cloud, Cherrypy, mongoDB using RabbitMQ as the data bus for a system capable of support for dynamic and configurable workflows
- Define the message and queue semantics and core message flows for a multi component, multi asset, and distributed content production platform.
- Define key touch points that enable collection of user interactions to enhance data mining to automatically enhance system performance.
- Work across a wide variety of throughput, quality and work flow design use cases to enhance the core workflow engine.
- Work closely with cross city development teams (Santa Monica, Austin, Kirkland) to bring the system vision to fruition.
- Present to the tech and product leadership teams goals, plans, progress, and a vision for the technology that builds our core content engine.
- Bring a passion and energy to the team, product and people to accelerate and enhance our vision.
- 5+ years delivering enterprise/web scale content management systems.
- 5+ years working directly with business/product and tech to deliver production systems.
- 5+ year's experience interacting directly with tech leadership and product management to define, deliver, and iterate competitive production products.
- 7+ years Python, Java, Ruby, C++ in an operational system environment.
- 5+ year's experience with agile sprint scrum style iterative development.
- Experience developing technical / architectural roadmaps merged with product vision to create a unified roadmap that inspires the teams and delivers a leading edge platform.
- Experience working under pressure on a 24/7 99.5% web system.
- Experience with IR technologies, techniques and practices a plus.
- Excellent communication skills: F2F, exec presentations, IM, email, phone and Skype.
- BS in one of: CS, Engineering, Math, Operations Research, Statistics or Physics a plus. Advanced degrees a plus.
About Us: Founded in 2006, Demand Media is headquartered in Santa Monica, CA with offices in Kirkland, WA, Austin, TX, New York, NY and London, UK. For more information visit: www.demandmedia.com
<< Back to Current Openings
||Austin, TX |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED