Product Designer (IX & Visual design) Sifteo, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED At its heart, Sifteo Cubes make the physical, tactile world more magical through interactivity. While it's important that customers are carefully guided through the novel, magical experience of the Cubes themselves, it's also important to seamlessly knit in supporting experiences such as account signup, buying new games, or a parent tracking their child's progress.
Some cred: Sifteo cubes have been featured in The New York Times, TED, Fast Company, and more. Sifteo cubes have been exhibited in the MoMA and Sifteo applications won the best in show IxDA award. So yes: Sifteo is loved by users, and especially loved by the interaction design community.
We are looking for a talented Product Designer who is passionate about crafting simple and extraordinary user experiences for consumers everywhere. As a member of our truly multi-disciplinary team, you will have a big part in every aspect of our products' conception, research, design, and development process. You must be willing to fully utilize and expand your range of visual design, interaction design, and product design skills across mobile and web. You should be a great team player, since you'll be working in close collaboration with product managers, developers, game designers, marketers, and the rest of our tight-knit company to dream up and deliver the very best product to our users.
Along with your resume, please include a portfolio link or other samples of your work. Dribbble profile links encouraged. Links to live apps/sites rock.
If you are looking for stable, predictable, certain - stop reading now. If you're looking to do something that tests you, is risky, and that you can be truly proud of - we hope you'll get in touch!
- Initiate and execute great user experiences by owning your vision from concept to launch.
- Closely partner with engineers and other teams to support and oversee the process of shipping a design.
- Shape high-level product decisions by transforming broad ideas into useful mocks and meaningful visualizations.
- Create beautiful and elegant visual design with attention to pixel-perfect detail across a range of devices and displays.
- Design extremely simple and approachable flows that are extensible to diverse use-cases.
- Promote creative ideas and inform design within the company by clearly articulating design thinking in your speaking, writing, and work.
- Develop and continually test baseline working theories of persona and user motivations.
- Reduce strategic development questions into clear user hypotheses for testing and (in)validation.
You must have:
- A high quality portfolio featuring interaction and visual design in consumer web and mobile.
- The ability to quickly deliver strong design during rapid iterative processes. We move fast and learn fast.
- User research and usability testing experience and skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: great work is only worth it if understood.
- The ability to start in low fidelity and then move to high fidelity as a design evolves.
- The skills to drive Photoshop, Fireworks and all of the standard design tools like a pro.
Bonus points for:
- Startup experience.
- Experience designing with/for data (split testing, etc).
- Icon design skills.
- Having shipped a product we know and love.
Compensation & Benefits:
- salary plus equity, depending on experience (start off on contract).
- full medical, dental and vision insurance.
- a 401(k)!
- plenty of beer in the fridge and food in the kitchen.
- weekly lunches, game nights and more.
- can you beat our CEO in Dr. Mario? It's possible. He's not bad. Join us and find out.
- Where: This position is based in our Dogpatch office: 2475 3rd St, SF, CA 94107.
- When: Interviews in March, contract to begin in late March or early April.
- Who: Reports to Head of Product, Adithya Raghunathan.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
At its heart, Sifteo Cubes make the physical, tactile world more magical through interactivity. There is a sea of change happening in the computer interface - the book that can be any book, the pen that remembers what you wrote, the wall that displays anything you want. In Sifteo's case, we care about the block, lego, domino tile - collections of inch-scale objects that, if enchanted, will sense each other and react to your moves. And in Sifteo's case, we care about play. It's no accident that the objects we choose to animate are playthings. We believe there is a huge opportunity for video gam
Shipping Product Investors: Foundry Group
, True Ventures All Jobs: at Sifteo, Inc.
|Headquarters:||San Francisco, CA 94107|
|Industry:||Consumer Products and Services|
|Company Profile:||Sifteo cubes have been featured in The New York Times, TED, Fast Company, and more. Sifteo cubes have been exhibited in the MoMA and Sifteo applications won the best in show IxDA award. So yes: Sifteo is loved by users, and especially loved by the interaction design community.
We are proud to be supported by multiple research grants from the National Science Foundation and venture financing from True Ventures and Foundry Group.
Support Sifteo, Inc. with Social Media services